郁金香狂热(视频+MP3+中英字幕):第20期 布鲁克到修道院
日期:2018-03-19 10:55

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本
Sister, uh, the abbess, please.
修女 请问院长在哪
In the garden. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
在花园里 谢谢
You're late, young man.
你迟到了 年轻人
And Lord save us, you smell of fish.
主拯救我们 你满是鱼腥味
Mr. Prater says you know your business, so look sharp.
普拉特先生说你很在行 所以得赶快
The gate's locked at sundown.
日落时锁门
I am Willem Brok.
我是威廉·布鲁克
Do you mind staying downwind?
你介意避开顺风吗?
Uh, II bought a parcel of his whites.
我买了一包他的白花
He said I should come here to get the certificate countersigned.
他说我应该来此获得会签证书
Oh, so you're not the rat catcher? No. No.
你不是抓老鼠的? 不是我
Would you kindly take me to the abbess, please?
请去院长办公室好吗?
Well, unless you have a pen and ink pot about you, follow me.
除非你带着笔墨 跟我来
Is this an orphanage?
这是孤儿院吗?
We take them in off the streets, feed them, school them,
她们是街上来的 供她们吃饭 教育
and send them out to fend for themselves
自生自灭
as kitchen maids, scullery maids...
厨房女佣 洗碗女佣
They find husbands, or worse, or remain here as novices.
她们或嫁人 或更糟 或留在这里作为见习女修士
重点讲解

smell of sth
有(或发出)…气味
The room smelt damp.
屋子里有潮气。
Dinner smells good.
饭菜闻起来很香啊。
a bunch of sweet-smelling flowers
一束散发着馨香的花

fend for yourself
照料自己;自谋生计
His parents agreed to pay the rent for his apartment but otherwise left him to fend for himself.
他的父母同意替他付房租,其他的则让他自己解决。

downwind of sth
顺风地;在下风处
sailing downwind
顺风航行
Warnings were issued to people living downwind of the fire to stay indoors.
已经向住在火势下风处的人们发出不要出门的警告。

视频及简介
电影是在郁金香狂热背景下发生的,讲述了一名已婚女子与其雇来画像的穷画匠之间的爱情故事。


分享到
重点单词
  • dampadj. 潮湿的,有湿气的,沮丧的 n. 潮湿,湿气 v
  • parceln. 包裹,一块(土地),部分 vt. 打包,分配
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间