生活大爆炸 第八季:第14集 莱纳德的灵感(下)
日期:2017-06-21 12:23

(单词翻译:单击)

Did he respond yet? Hmm. No, not yet.
他回复了吗?嗯,还没有。
Well, maybe we shouldn't have sunk to his level. It wasn't that bad. Read it back one more time.
也许我们不应该和他一般见识。也没那么糟糕吧。再念一遍。
"My good sir, we are neither crackpots nor wannabes. In fact, we are experts in our fields.
"亲爱的先生,我们不是疯子也不是妄想成名。事实上,我们是所处领域的专家。
And while you hide behind your anonymity. We stand behind our paper. And later tonight, your mother".
你躲在匿名之后时,我们站在自己的论文之后。而且今晚稍后,也会站在你妈的身后。"
And you don't think that's too rough?
你不觉得太粗俗了吗?
We're just standing behind her. It's not like we're gonna say "boo" and scare her.
我们只是站在她身后。又不是说我们会突然大叫来吓她。
How could you not tell us you were in beauty pageants?
你怎么没告诉过我们你参加过选美?
'Cause it's embarrassing. It is; it truly is.
因为太丢人了。是的,太丢人了。
Yeah, well...Amy writes Little House on the Prairie fan fiction about herself and posts it on the Internet. No! Why? What did I do? !
好吧...艾米以自己为主角写了《草原小屋》的同人小说还发到网上了。不是吧!为什么?我哪里得罪你了?!
Sorry, I had to get the spotlight off me, and tearing down other women is part of my pageant training.
抱歉,我得把注意力从我身上转移,攻击其他女生是我接受的选美特训内容之一。
Okay. We are reading that right now. No, please don't. We got embarrassed tonight. Come on.
好的。我们现在就看。拜托别看。反正今晚都丢人了。来吧。
But it's personal. Why? Is it about you and Sheldon? No.
但这是隐私。为什么?是写的你和谢尔顿吗?不是。
Oh, my God, it's about her and Sheldon.
老天,是她和谢尔顿的事。
It's not about me and Sheldon. It's about a young woman in the 1800s named Amelia...and the time-traveling physicist named Cooper she falls in love with.
不是我和谢尔顿的事。女主是19世纪名叫艾米莉亚的年轻女生,她爱上了穿越时空的名叫库珀的物理学家。
Please show us? Please? No.
拜托给我们看看吧?拜托。不。
You know I'm gonna read it either way.
你应该知道无论怎样我们都会看的。
Good luck finding it.
希望你运气好能找到。
Amelia and...the time-trav...Found it! "It was just past dawn on the prairie, and like every morning, Amelia prepared to do her chores. Except something about this morning felt different."
艾米莉亚和...穿越时...找到了!"草原的黎明刚过,和其它早上一样,艾米莉亚准备做家务活。只是今早感觉有些不同。"
Why? Why did it feel different?
为什么呢?为什么感觉不同了?
"Maybe it was the first whisper of winter in the air, or maybe it was the unconscious handsome man with porcelain skin and curious clothing she was about to discover lying in the field.
"也许是因为空气中响过冬天的第一声低语,也许是因为她即将发现草地上躺着一位昏迷的、 有着瓷器一样精致的皮肤的、穿着古怪衣衫的英俊男子。
A man who would open her mind to new possibilities and her body to new feelings."
这个男人将开拓她的思想至无限可能,也会让她的身体领略未知的感受。"
You know, there was a time when I was alone and had no friends. I'm starting to miss that.
曾经我很孤独,没有朋友。我开始想念那种时光了。
He still hasn't responded. What's taking him so long?
他还是没回复。他怎么这么慢?
Do you really want him to write back?
你真的想要他回复吗?
Yeah, I do. No matter how he responds, I am going to destroy him with a picture of a bored cat saying, "Oh, really?"
是的。无论他回复什么,我都打算用一只一脸不屑的猫说"哦,真的喵?"的图来羞辱他。
Me-wow. What are you doing?
干得喵。你在做什么?
I've, uh, created some other user accounts so I can post positive comments about their paper.
我注册了一些小号,这样可以赞美他们的论文。
"This wee li'l bairn of a theory nearly blew my kilt off"?
"这年轻人的理论险些把我的苏格兰短裙惊落了"?
No. You have to read it how Dr. Angus McDoogal of the University of Edinburgh would. "This wee li'l bairn of a theory nearly blew me kilt off."
不,你应该像爱丁堡大学的安格斯·麦克多戈尔博士那样读。"这小孩家家的理论差点把我的苏格兰短裙都吓掉了呦"。
He wrote back! "Cooper and Hofstadter resorting to juvenile attempts at humor Is proof they have nothing to back up their ridiculous paper.
他回复了!"库霍氏求助于幼稚的玩笑话,证明了他们没有可支持他们可笑论文的东西。
It should come as no surprise. Given they work at Cal Tech, essentially a technical school, where even the physicists are basically engineers."
这也不足为奇,考虑到他们所在的加州理工,本质上是技术学院,那里的物理学家从根本上来说就只是工程师。"
"Engineers"! Do you know how insulting that is? Yes.
"工程师"!知道这有多侮辱人吗?知道。
Guys, this person's just going out of their way to get a rise out of you.
各位,这家伙只是想尽办法来激怒你们。
Yeah, but it's still so aggravating.
没错,但还是气死人。
Yeah, well, all the other comments said really nice things. Focus on those.
其它的评论都是正面的溢美之词。看那些就行了。
Yeah. Dr. Dmitri Plancovik of Moscow University said, "Dis paper great. I love it more than 'wodka."
没错。莫斯科大学的迪米崔·普兰克维克博士说:"论文杠杠的。我稀罕它,比伏特加还够劲儿。"
See? Better with the accent. And...send. What did you write?
懂吗?配上口音才有感觉。然后...发送。你写的什么?
I'm done hiding from bullies. I'm taking this into the real world.
我受够了躲避恶霸的日子。我要在现实生活中勇敢面对。
What does that mean? I told him we'll meet him face-to-face anytime, anywhere.
那是什么意思?我告诉他,我愿意当面会会他,随时随地奉陪。
Are you crazy? You don't know who this person is. Delete that! Come on, Sheldon! Oh, okay, okay, calm down.
你疯了吗?你都不认识这个人。快删掉!快点,谢尔顿!好啦,好啦,冷静。是他!
It's him! He's trying to video chat.
他想视频聊天。
Perhaps I shouldn't have taken this into the real world. Oh, really?
也许我不应该把事惹到现实生活中来。哦,真的喵?
"'Time travel? I don't understand,' "Said Amelia. Cooper stared at her. 'Which word don't you understand, time or travel?'"
"'时间旅行"?我不理解',艾米莉亚说。库珀盯着她说。'哪部分你不理解,"时间"还是"旅行"?'"
Wow, even in your fantasies Sheldon's kind of exhausting.
连你幻想里的谢尔顿都这么让人心塞。
He's like that in the beginning, so she can change him. It's called good writing. And wishful thinking.
他是在开头才这样,方便她来改变他。这叫写作功力。也叫有梦最美。
"It stung Amelia When he spoke to her this way. In her little one-room schoolhouse, she was always the smartest student,
"在她听到他用那种方式说话时,艾米莉亚非常受伤。在她那间小小的学校中,她一直是最聪明的学生,
regularly besting the boys in her class, but this was no boy in front of her-This was a man."
常常傲视班里被她击败的男生们。但眼前的人并不是男生,而是一个男人。"
Here we go.
好戏来了。
"Cooper told Amelia about all the strange and incredible things the future would hold, like computers and living past 30.
"库珀给艾米莉亚讲了许多未来可以拥有的陌生而又神奇的东西,比如电脑,还有可以活过30岁。
He asked her if she had any questions. All she longed to ask was if his heart was beating as fast as hers, but she was too afraid to hear the answer."
他问她有没有什么问题要问。她只渴望听到一个问题的答案,就是他的心是否和自己一样跳得飞快,但她又害怕听到答案。"
Oh, Amelia. "So instead she asked if, in the future, montana ever became a state."
艾米莉亚真可怜。"取而代之,她问的是,在未来,蒙大拿有没有成为一个州。"
In the 1800s that was considered flirting.
在十九世纪这就算调情了。
I'm so sick of people being mean on the Internet.
我受够了人们在网上总是那么毒舌。
Well, I think the anonymity makes everyone feel like they can say things they'd never say to your face.
我觉得匿名使得人们以为可以乱说那些当面说不出口的话了。
Interesting. I can't think of a single thing I wouldn't say to someone's face.
有意思。我想不出有什么话是我不能当面说出口的。
Never noticed that about you.
这点我们还真"没注意到"呢。
You know what? AAt least you guys did something. You know, you-you had a theory, you wrote a paper, you made an actual contribution.
知道吗?至少你们做出了成果。你们想到了这个理论,写出了论文,切切实实地作出了贡献。
All guys like this do is just stand on other people's work.
做那种的事的人只会对别人的作品指指点点。
He's right. I say we call this person back. We've got no reason to hide.
他说得对。要不我们给他打回去。我们又用不着躲躲藏藏的。
All right, do it. Call him. Let's find out what this loser's ever accomplished.
没错,去吧。打给他。看看这个傻瓜有过什么成就。
Click it with me. One, two, three...Click. Click.
和我一起点击。一 二 三...点。击。
Well, hello there. Professor Hawking?
哎呦,你们好啊。霍金教授?
Oh, brother, you should see the look on your faces.
哥们儿,照镜子瞅瞅你那什么表情啊。
You really didn't like our paper?
你真不喜欢我们的论文吗?
I like your paper very much. The premise is intriguing.
我非常喜欢你们的论文。这个假设很有趣。
Then why are you attacking us?
那你为什么还要攻击我们?
If you were sitting in a chair for 40 years, you'd get bored, too. Anyway, got to go. I promised to help the neighbor kid with his math homework. Ciao.
如果你在椅子里被困了四十年,你也会觉得无聊的。总之,我得走了。答应给邻居家小孩补数学课。回见。
Stephen Hawking liked our paper. Said the premise is intriguing.
史蒂芬·霍金喜欢我们的论文。说这个假设很有趣。
Good to see you again, Mr. StephenHawkingLikedOurPaper.
再见到你很高兴,史蒂芬·霍金喜欢我们的论文先生。
And you as well, Mr. OurPremiseIsIntriguing.
彼此彼此,我们的假设很有趣先生。
How do you do, Mr. I'llAdmitThat'sPrettyCool?
你好啊,我承认这事儿挺酷先生?
Yeah, you keep setting me up for failure.
好,你一直让我感觉很失败。
"With a heavy heart, Amelia stood before the newly repaired time machine. She regretted giving Cooper the part he needed."
"带着沉重的心情,艾米莉亚站在刚修好的时间机器前。她后悔把库珀需要的部分给他了。"
Because she wanted him to give her the part she needed. Okay, that's enough.
因为她想的是他能交出她需要的那"部分"。行了,够了。
What? No! I really want to know what happens, and Bernadette really, really, really wants to know what happens.
怎么了?不要啊!我真的很想知道后来怎么了...还有伯纳黛特真滴、 真滴、 真滴想知道后来怎么了嘛。
You're just making fun of me.
你们就是在拿我取乐。
I was just kidding. I'm sorry. And the story's really good!
我刚刚是在开玩笑的。抱歉。这个故事写得真的很好!
No, it is! Does he stay? Do they kiss? Does she find out about Montana? Please?
就是啊!他有没有留下?他们接吻了吗?她最后知道蒙大拿的事了吗?拜托?
Fine. "As Cooper prepared to depart, Tears filled Amelia's eyes. he took her hand in his and said, 'I can't stay, but I will never forget you.'
好吧。"在库珀准备起飞时,泪水溢满了艾米莉亚的眼睛。他拉起她的手说,'我不能留下来,但我永远都不会忘记你的。'
He brushed his fingers against her cheek, then quickly stepped into the machine.
他的手指轻轻抚过她的脸颊,然后快步地走入机器。
'Please don't go,' she whispered. But it was too late. The engine hummed to life."
'请不要离开,' 她呢喃道。但一切都已经太晚了。引擎呼啸着启动了。"
But they didn't even kiss.
但他们还没有接过吻啊。
"She turned away, wiping her eyes. She couldn't bear to watch her one chance at true love disappear forever.
"她转过身去,抹掉眼中的泪水。她无法忍受眼睁睁看着自己的一生所爱永远地消失离开。
Then...she felt a strong hand on her shoulder spin her around. it was Cooper." Yes!
然后...她感到一只强壮的手搭在自己的肩头,将她扳回身去。是库珀。"太棒了!
"'What about the future?' asked Amelia. He looked deeply into her eyes and whispered, 'There is no future without you.'
"'未来怎么办?' 艾米莉亚问道。他深深地注视着她的双眸,轻声说,'没有你就没有未来。'
He pulled her in close. She began to tremble all over. She felt his warm breath..."You will not believe what Stephen Hawking just said. Get out! Not now!
他一把将她拉近。她的身体开始颤抖。能感受到他温暖的呼吸..."你们肯定不信刚刚史蒂芬·霍金说什么了。滚!出去!
Is the water warm enough?
水够热吗?
Given the fact that you took the time to build a wood fire, draw the water from the well and heat it, it would be rude to complain. But since you asked, it's a little nippy.
考虑到你花时间烧柴生火,从井里打水又烧热,如果我再抱怨就太无礼了。但既然你都问了,有点儿凉。
I can fix that. I couldn't help but notice your unusual undergarments.
我能解决。我很难不注意到你那不同寻常的贴身衣物。
They're not undergarments. They're Underoos. Where I come from, they're known as "Underwear that's fun to wear."
那不是贴身衣物。那是小裤裤。我来的地方把这个叫做"又酷又好玩的裤"。
And what's the significance of the spider?
那蜘蛛的意义又是什么?
Oh, that represents SpiderMan. He does whatever a spider can.
那代表着蜘蛛侠。蜘蛛能干啥,他就能干啥。
There's a lot of rhyming in the future, isn't there?
未来说话都很押韵是吧?
You're right. This is even weirder than I thought.
你说得对。比我想得更诡异。
You want me to stop reading? Are you kidding? No, no. "As he stood for Amelia to dry him..."
要不要我停下?开什么玩笑?继续,继续。"他站起身来,方便她擦干身体..."
So, tell me, Cooper...are the ways of physical love different in the future? Yeah, okay, I'm good.
告诉我,库珀...未来肌肤相亲的方式也不同吗?够了,我听够了。

分享到