波士顿法律第二季(MP3+中英字幕):第11集 儿童戏剧团
日期:2017-01-24 17:37

(单词翻译:单击)

Previously on Boston Legal
前情提要
Do we have anybody in corporate who
法人团体中有谁是
understands this credit card world?
熟悉信用卡业务的么?
Somebody... Hands.
有谁... 怪手
Sorry? Hands Espenson,
谁? 怪手Espenson
banking and finance genius.
银行及金融业天才
Only don't call him "Hands."
只要别叫他"怪手"
Why would I? Bingo!
为什么我要这么做? 宾果!
Why doesn't he move his hands?
为什么他的手一动不动?
Bingo! You making fun of me?
宾果! 你是在取笑我么?
Should we be married and sensible and go home and
我们是否应该明智点娶个老婆
do whatever men do at home?
然后回家尽点男人应尽的职责?
I have nothing against
我对婚姻并不抗拒
marriage. I've done it five times.
我已经结过5次婚了
But here's the thing about wives.
但让我抗拒的是老婆
They don't let you play with your friends.
她们不准你和朋友出去玩
I'll take a friend over a wife every time.
我每次都是朋友优先的
Not only a patron of the arts,
不仅仅是艺术品的捐赠人
Denny Crane is a generous
丹尼?克兰乐善好施
contributor of his time, energy and enthusiasm.
贡献了他的时间,精力和热忱
What the hell kind of charity is children's group?
儿童团是个什么鬼慈善机构?
We're teaching children to read.
我们教孩子们读书
No, we're buying them food.
不,我们填饱他们的肚子
I thought that we were providing
我还以为我们是为他们提供
them with old people to play with.
和老人家一起玩乐的机会
I believe it's a children's theater group.
我认为这是个儿童戏剧团
Well, how can kids with
那么,患有肌肉萎缩症的儿童
muscular dystrophy do theater?
如何表演戏剧?
They don't have muscular dystrophy.
他们没有肌肉萎缩症
Then what the hell are we doing here?
那我们来这儿做什么?
Judas priest, there's a game on.
犹大牧师,来找点乐子玩玩
Don't be long, Denny. Your speech is up next.
别去太久,丹尼,马上就要到你演讲了
And you might want to actually
考虑到你是主宾
practice it, considering you're the honoree.
你一定想要练习一下演讲词
Not to worry.
不用担心
It's all up here.
全在这儿呢
Please tell me there's no press here tonight.
拜托,今晚这里千万别有记者
Scotch. Single malt.
单麦威士忌
Straight.
纯的
Nice night.
真是个美妙的夜晚
Suddenly it is.
突然之间变得美妙了
He's often told me that writing a check is easy.
他总是告诉我说,写张支票很容易
Should we go look for him?
我们是不是该去找他?
He'll be here. Denny's
他会回来的,丹尼从不会错过
never one to miss the spotlight.
在聚光灯下露脸的机会
But rolling up your sleeves and
但是卷起袖子
getting dirty out on the front line,
在前线摸爬滚打
that is not easy.
却并不那么容易
Faster!
快点!
And I'll wrap this up
我要在他的头涨得太大前
before his head swells too much.
赶快结束
The Emcee's winding down, people.
主持人在做结束语了
I knew we should have tagged him.
我就知道我们得盯住他
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们,先生们
the children's group
儿童团
applauds and honors Mr. Denny Crane!
让我们用热烈的掌声向丹尼?克兰先生致敬!
Dear lord.
我的主啊
Thank you, thank you!
谢谢,谢谢各位!
There's no doubt we do it all for the children.
毫无疑问,我们这么做都是为了孩子,(双关,暗指之前在衣帽间的事)
And what did you think of my speech?
那么,你觉得我的演讲如何?
Excellent.
精彩至极
Thank you for writing it for me.
谢谢你等我
Give me a call sometime.
有时间打电话给我
You know how to use a business card, don't you?
你知道怎么用名片,是吧?
You just whip it out of your pocket and...
你只要把它从口袋里抽出来,然后...
Blow.
随风飞舞
You look puzzled. I am.
你看起来很迷惑,的确如此
A woman I just had sex with hands me her card,
一个刚和我做完爱的女人递了张名片给我
and I have no desire to throw it away.
而且我并不想扔掉它
You had sex with her here?
你在这儿和她做爱?
Hot, sweaty sex right there in the coat check room.
热情如火,大汗淋漓的在衣帽间里做爱
Keep it.
留着吧
Daniel Post, CEO. K reisbergPellam, incorporated.
丹尼尔?波斯特,KreisbergPellam有限责任公司CEO(首席执行官)
He has stage4 metastasized lung cancer.
他患有4级转移肺癌
Never fun.
真可怜
A major pharmaceutical company
一家很大的制药公司
was testing a new cancer drug,
正在对一种抗癌新药做测试
and Post used his friendship
而波斯特利用他与
with the CEO of that company
那家公司CEO的友情
to get himself put into the test group
使自己被放入被测试人群
and to make sure that he got
并确保他得到的是真正的药物
the actual drug, not the placebo.
而非安慰剂
The rich are different from you and me.
有钱人是与你我不同的
Certainly from you.
当然与你不同
So Post is being sued by another cancer patient
所以,波斯特被同一课题组的
who was in the same study and
另外一名最终得到安慰剂的
who ended up getting the placebo.
癌症病人起诉
What's the cause of action? What you'd expect?
动机是什么? 你是如何期待的?
Conspiracy, intentional
阴谋
infliction of emotional distress.
故意施加感情上的痛苦
We're going to court today.
我们今天要上法庭了
Today?
今天?
I thought I could handle it myself, but, uh...
我本以为自己处理得了,但是,呃...
Olivia died of cancer, didn't she?
奥利维亚死于癌症,是么?
Yes.
是的
At any rate, I'm hoping you can secondchair.
无论如何,我希望你能来帮忙
You ready?
你准备好了么?
Daniel Post... Uh, Denise Bauer, attorney,
呃,丹尼斯?鲍尔,律师
Guy dying of cancer.
将要死于癌症的人
Is that the way you describe me?
你就是这么形容我的?
Rich guy dying of cancer.
将要死于癌症的有钱人
Denise will be firstchairing. I
丹尼斯将要来帮忙
just filled her in on the case.
我刚让她也加入这个案子
Actually, you left out our defense. Do we have one?
事实上,你漏掉了被告及其辩护律师,我们有么?
I like her.
我喜欢她
I'm not sure if the jury is
我不确定陪审团
going to like me, Mr. Post.
是否会喜欢我,波斯特先生
I have a client who tried to
我的一个委托人
buy his way into a cancer study.
打算用钱买通让自己加入一个癌症研究
Could you tell me what possessed you to do that?
你能告诉我他为什么这样做么?
I got cancer.
我患有癌症
Are you really my lawyer?
你真的是我的律师么?
Or did the makeawish
或者是许愿基金会,(美国一协助18岁以下,患绝症的小孩,实现其最大心愿的非营利组织)
foundation just finally come through?
终于出现了?
Um, Alan? Do you have a minute?
呃,艾伦,你有空么?
What can I do for you, Jerry?
我能为你做点什么,杰里?
They're meeting soon to vote
他们马上就要开会投票
on this year's partnerships,
选出今年的合伙人关系
and this will be my third time to be up for partner.
而这将是我第三次要考虑找一个合伙人
My last time.
我的最后一次
I see.
我明白
I was wondering if maybe
我想知道,你是否可以
you can tell me where I stand?
给我找个合适的位置?
You know the right people around here, and I know...
你对这里的人员很了解,而我...
well, no one.
一无所知
Jerry, you are an extraordinary attorney.
杰里你是个杰出的律师
I am.
我的确是
I constructed a chart
我建了一张图表
that reveals my involvement is typically
那上面显示出,我很显然是
the key variable in the firm's winning a case.
公司赢得一场官司的关键变量
Bingo!
宾果!
It was my research that was the determining factor
我的研究是
in the Simmons vs. Araygo oil
Simmons对Araygo石油那场官司胜利
victory, not to mention 252 other cases.
的决定因素,更不用提其余的252场官司
Because of my research!
都是因为我的研究!
Bingo!
宾果!
But still, I wonder whether the senior
但是,我仍然想知道
partners are aware of my contributions.
资深合伙人是否意识到我的贡献
Jerry, you know I have a tremendous
杰里你知道
affection for my own intelligence,
我对于自己的才智极其自负
and even I think you are smarter than me.
即使是我,也认为你的智慧远胜于我
Oh, I am.
哦,的确如此
I'll see what I can find out.
我会考虑的
How long have you worked for Devlin
你为Devlin MacGregor医药公司工作多久了
MacGregor pharmaceuticals, Mr. Clark?
Clark先生?
Eight years. And what was your position?
8年,你的职位是什么?
I was a lab technician in oncological protocols.
我是肿瘤系统的实验室技术员
You worked on a drug to cure cancer?
你在为一种新型抗癌药物工作?
Trade name is pneumotrox.
商品名为pneumotrox
It was specifically designed to hinder
它是为阻止肺部细胞快速癌变
the rapid cellular mutation in the lungs.
而特别研发的
And did Devlin MacGregor conduct a
那么Devlin MacGregor公司是否进行了双盲试验,(临床试验中试验者与受试者,都不知道使用的为何种药物)
doubleblind study to test pneumotrox?
来检测pneumotrox这种药物?
Sort of. Why do you say "sort of," sir?
有那么点儿,为什么你说"有那么点儿" 先生?
The test was corrupted.
试验过程被腐化了
Objection. Foundation. Overruled.
反对!与本案无关,反对无效
On July 9th of this year you
今年的7月9日
received a call from your supervisor.
你接到了一通主管打来的电话
What did he want?
他想要做什么?
Well, he told me to ensure that patient 1123
他要我确保1123号病人
received the pneumotrox and not the placebo.
得到的是pneumotrox而不是安慰剂
Why? He didn't say,
为什么? 他没说
but I subsequently discovered
但我后来发现
that patient 1123 is Mr. Post.
1123号病人就是博斯特先生
It seemed fairly obvious.
其用意显而易见
Objection! Sustained.
反对! 反对有效
What made you come forward?
是什么让你站出来的?
Doing so has cost you your job, correct?
这样做让你丢掉了工作,对么?
It did. Then why?
是的,那为什么?
Because some things are more important than a job.
因为有些事远比一份工作重要
Mr. Clark, how many patients
Clark先生,这项对比试验中
were involved in the experiment?
一共包括多少位患者?
Uh, 2,000. And statistically speaking,
呃,2千人,统计学上来讲
how would it change the
如果其中一个人
likelihood of one person out of the 2,000
被指定拿到真正的药
receiving the drug over the placebo
其他2千人拿到安慰剂的几率
if another person was
会如何变动呢?
directed to get the drug? Not much.
变动不大
Because there was no guarantee that
因为没有保证
any of the volunteers would receive the actual drug.
任何志愿者能够拿到真正的药物
The odds were originally 5050.
最初的几率是一半一半
The odds would change minimally.
几率会最低程度的变动
Instead of 5050,
而不再是一半一半
the odds would change from 49.95 to 50.05.
几率会在49.95%到50.05%间变动
Sounds right.
听起来没错
So virtually no change at all?
那么,本质上没有任何变化?
If you were dying, miss Bauer,
如果你即将辞世,鲍尔小姐
.05 is everything.
0.05%就是一切
Shirley
雪莉,
I wanted to ask you about Jerry
我想要跟你谈谈杰里?彭森
Espenson. He's up for partner.
他正打算找一个搭档
I can't discuss that with you.
我不能跟你讨论这件事
Why not?
为什么不能?
Well, that determination is for partners only,
这种决定只有合伙人可以做
and you're not a partner.
而你不是合伙人
I'm sure you understand, Alan.
我肯定你能理解,艾伦
Absolutely.
毫无疑问
Jerry Espenson?
杰里?彭森?
You mean Hands? Not a chance. He's a weirdo.
你是说,“怪手”?很不走运,他是个怪人
Denny, he's not a weirdo, and he
丹尼,他不是一个怪人
doesn't like to be called "Hands."
并且也不喜欢被叫做“怪手”
How could you not? The Hands!
怎么能不这样叫他,看他的手
A peccadillo to be sure. We all have them.
的确是他的毛病,但是我们每个人都有瑕疵
I don't have any peccadilloes.
我没有任何瑕疵
What's your name, Denny?
你的姓名,丹尼?
Denny Crane. Ah, yes.
丹尼?克兰(起重机) 哦,不错
My point is, Jerry Espenson
我想说的是,杰里?彭森
deserves to be made a partner.
理应成为合伙人
What is that?
那是什么?
Bev bought me a camera phone.
Bev给我买了个照相手机
The woman you enjoyed in the coatroom?
那个和你在衣帽间一起共度美好时光的女人?
We can send each other pictures.
我们可以彼此传照片
This damn thing takes forever to load.
该死的东西,总是不停的加载
Things going well with Bev then?
那么说和Bev的进展还顺利吧?
She said she wanted to fulfill
她说她想实现
every single one of my fantasies.
我的每一个梦想
I made a list. I had to type it myself.
我列了一份清单,但我不得不自己打字
My assistant threatened to quit.
我的助手用辞职来威胁我
Denny, you're glowing.
丹尼,你容光焕发
She's an amazing woman, Al.
她是一个令人惊异的女人,艾伦
It's like having a onenight stand,
这仿佛是一夜情
but every night with the same woman.
不过,夜夜都是相同的女人
I'm thrilled for you, Denny.
我为你感到高兴,丹尼
Now, about Jerry... He's not a rainmaker, Alan.
现在,关于,杰里... ,他不是一个善于游说的人,艾伦
Shirley says he's not bringing in enough money.
雪莉说他并没有带来足够多的收益
He's toast, weird toast.
他的土司,奇怪的土司
Would you at least let me have a
那你至少让我
glance at his performance review then?
看一眼他的工作鉴定
Well, it's highly confidential.
哦,这可是高度机密
Just don't tell anybody where you got it.
千万不要告诉任何人,你是从哪里得到它的
Oh, picture's finally loaded!
哦,照片终于下载好了!
Look at this.
看看
She's very limber for a woman her age.
就这种年纪的女人而言,她的身体非常柔韧
Alan, I'd like to be alone with my phone.
艾伦我想和我的手机独处一会
Just, uh, 15 minutes.
只要15分钟就好
"Poor people skills."
"贫乏的人际交往能力"
Just hands it to you. "Not presentable."
正好由你接管, "不像样"
That's my Denny. "Not a team player."
那是我的,丹尼 "不是一个团体行动者"
I can see why it's
我终于明白为什么这是个机密了
confidential. It's revolting and mean.
令人厌恶而又平庸
You don't have all the facts, Alan.
你并不了解所有的情况,艾伦
Apparently I do.
很显然我了解
Apparently at this firm, being
很显然,在我们公司
white and male isn't even enough.
只是白种男人并不足够
You also need to be a golden retriever
你还需要成为一只
with a pedigree to be considered for partner.
有血统的金毛猎犬,才会被考虑做合伙人
I'm telling you... It's a wonder
我告诉你,真是令人惊讶
you slipped under the radar, Shirley,
你避过了所有的雷达,雪莉
with your vagina and all.
用你的阴道和其他部位
Jerry's had a few blowups, Alan,
杰里总是大发雷霆,艾伦
one in front of a client. Yes, yes.
甚至有一次是在他的委托人面前,是的,是的
It's on his permanent record back in 2000.
可以在他2000年的永久记录中找到
It also says he made a
上面还记录了,他曾令几个
couple of clients feel awkward.
委托人很难堪
Could that be perhaps because he's an awkward guy?
会不会是因为他本身就是个笨拙的人?
It also says he doesn't play golf.
同时,也记载着,他不喜欢打高尔夫
Actually, he doesn't kiss any ass
事实上,他不拍任何人的马屁
whatsoever. He just does his job.
只是做好他的工作
And no one's denying that,
那无可否认
but partners need to bring in clients.
但是合伙人必须带来顾客
That's how we make our money.
我们就是这样获得收益的
Partners need to attend social dinners
合伙人需要出席社交宴会
and make public speaking engagements,
要在演讲场合曝光
and they need to do it without being...
他们需要这样做,并且......
Different.
并且不显得与众不同
Very dangerous, Shirley.
非常危险,雪莉
Very dangerous.
非常危险
You know how the obituaries always say things like,
你知道,死亡讣告总是如此形容
soandso died after a brave struggle with cancer?
某某人在与癌症进行了顽强的抗争之后,不治身亡
I'm not brave.
我不勇敢
I'm terrified.
我很害怕
Cancer can make a coward out of anybody.
癌症能把任何人变得胆小懦弱
So when you heard about the
所以,当你听说
trials for this new drug...
这种新药进行临床测试.....
I leapt at it.
我欣然接受
I'm not a fool.
我不是白痴
I knew it was a random chance I'd
我知道这是个很偶然的机会
even get the drug and not the placebo.
能让我吃到真正的药,而不是安慰剂
Okay, I was willing to leave that to fate.
好吧,听天由命
He wasn't.
但他不是
Mr. Hopper, when you began the test,
霍珀先生,当你开始参加这个试验时
did you stop taking chemo or any
你是否停止了化疗及
other treatments for your cancer?
其他癌症治疗手段?
No,
没有停用
but there were other promising tests I
但是,因为Devlin MacGregor
didn't enter because of Devlin MacGregor.
我拒绝参加了另一些很有希望成功的实验
I see.
我明白了
And did Devlin MacGregor ever guarantee
那么,Devlin MacGregor是否向你承诺
that you would receive the actual drug?
会给你用真正的药品?
No, they did not.
不,没有承诺
Isn't it true that you've already
但你不是已经就这个案件对
sued Devlin MacGregor for this
德夫林盖尔?麦格雷戈提起了诉讼
matter and received a sizable settlement?
并且得到了较合理的处理了么?
Objection. Relevance. I'm going to allow it.
反对,与本案无关,控方请继续
Yes, but I spent every penny on medical treatments.
是的,我把每一分钱都用在了药物治疗上
But the money isn't the reason I'm doing this.
但我这样做,并不是为了钱
I'm doing this because I
只是因为
feel I have a moral obligation
我觉得,我有责任,有义务
to stand up to people like Daniel Post.
同丹尼尔?波斯特之类的人抗衡
People like that with money and power,
这些有钱有势的人
they think they can get away with murder,
总认为自己可以逍遥法外
and now he's murdering me.
而现在,他正在谋杀我
No further questions, your honor.
没有其他问题了,法官阁下
Court will resume tomorrow at 10 A.M.
明天上午10点开庭
Denise, are you trying to Denise
你正在试图
make the jury hate our client?
令陪审团讨厌我们的委托人么?
If so, you're doing a good job.
如果是这样的话,你做的非常好
I'm starting not to like me either.
我也开始讨厌我自己了
Mr. Post, I...
波斯特先生,我...
Denise, I'm kidding. You're doing an excellent job.
丹尼斯玩笑而已,你的辩护非常棒
I have a few questions. Um...
我有几个问题要问,呃...
Are you free for a bite?
有时间么?
Um, couldn't you just ask me now?
呃,你现在是在约我么?
Well, yeah, but then it wouldn't be a date.
哦,是的,不过这并不是一次约会
Our client just asked me out to dinner.
我们的委托人刚刚邀请我出去吃饭
Well, good.
哦,很好
Then you can use the time to convince him to settle.
这样,你也可以利用这段时间来劝他和解
Jerry, it's not looking like a lock.
杰里它看起来并不是那么简单
What's the problem?
出了什么问题?
Generally, it's poor people skills.
通常,这就是“贫乏的人际交往能力”
You mean I'm odd?
你是说,我是个怪人?
Does it say in my file I'm odd?
在我的档案里也说我是怪人?
No.

Alan, I would appreciate candor here,
艾伦,我很感谢这种坦率
even should you deem it hurtful!
即使你认为这是一种伤害!
According to your file, you've
根据档案里的记录
occasioned clients to feel uncomfortable.
你曾经令一些委托人觉得很尴尬
Some have even expressed
甚至,有些人对于与你相处的方式
reservations about being alone with you since...
持保留意见,因为...
Evidently, you also once pushed
显然,你也曾经在辩论过程中
opposing counsel over some dispute.
把对方辩护律师推到
He made fun of me.
他在嘲笑我
As conditioned as I've
虽然,对于嘲笑奚落
become to ridicule, sometimes...
我已经习以为常,但有时...
so I'm out.
所以,我出局了
It's not over.
还没有结束
No, I deserve this more than Brad Chase.
是的,我承受的比布拉德?蔡斯多许多
He cuts off a priest's fingers,
他切断了牧师的手指头
and I lose out because I push a bully?
可,我却因为推到了一个坏蛋,而被判出局?
It's not right. It's not over.
这是不对的,还没结束
Jerry, I give you my word I'll do what I can.
杰里我保证我将竭尽所能来帮助你
Oh, Shirley. I'm sorry.
哦,雪莉,很抱歉
I didn't hear your knock.
我没有听到敲门声
Gee, I wonder why that could be.
天,我想我知道原因
Maybe because you were too
也许是因为你正忙着
busy having sex on your desk?
在桌子上做爱?
How did you know? I had the door closed.
你怎么知道的? 我已经关上门了
Ah, but you neglected to draw all the blinds.
哈,但是你忘记关上百叶窗了
Oversight.
太不小心了
We were both facing the same way.
我们俩面对同样的状况
I'm all too horribly aware
你所面临的状况
of which way you were facing.
让我觉得实在是很可怕
Oh, goodness me.
哦,天哪
I am so rude.
我太冒昧了
I'm Beverly Bridge.
我是Beverly Bridge
Shirley Schmidt
雪莉?施密特.
Did you finish the notes on
你已经把那些候选合伙人
the partnership candidates?
的资料准备好了?
I've been busy.
我太忙了
The vote's tomorrow.
明天就要投票了
50 of the most senior partners will be there.
届时将有50位资深合伙人出席
This is unprofessional, Denny.
这很不专业,丹尼
You are setting a very bad
你给公司里的其他人
example for the rest of the firm.
树立了一个坏的榜样
Understood.
明白
And from now on in this office, those blinds go down
从今往后,在这种事情发生之前
before anybody else does.
我一定会拉下办公室里的百叶窗
She's jealous.
她在嫉妒
Poor thing.
可怜的人儿
Hi, Brad.
嗨,Brad
Hey, Jerry. How's it going?
嘿,杰里,最近怎么样?
Oh, a little nervous about the partner thing. You?
哦,关于合伙人的事情有些不安,你呢?
I can't say I'm not.
我也很难保持镇定
Got any indication?
有什么迹象?
Not really.
并没有
Paul seems to think it looks good, but
保罗似乎认为状况对我很有利,但是
I certainly didn't help my chances by...
我很显然没能抓住机会...
Lewiston? He says it looks good for you?
刘易斯顿他说状况对你很有利?
Well, he couldn't make any promises.
但他不能做出任何承诺
Did he mention how it looks for me?
那他提到过我么?
No, we didn't really discuss you.
没有,我们没有讨论你
Do you ever?
你是否曾经提到过我?
I beg your pardon?
什么?
Do people discuss me?
人们是否在议论我?
Do they talk about me being
他们是否因为我的举止
odd because of my behavior?
就说我是个怪人?
Jerry, everyone here knows you to be a fine lawyer.
杰里这里的每个人,都知道你是个非常优秀的律师
That's all I've ever heard discussed.
这就是我所听到的全部议论
It's in my file that I'm violent
但就因为我曾经把另一个律师推到了
because I pushed another lawyer once.
于是在档案里,我被写成一个激进的人
How do you know what's in your file?
你怎么知道,你的档案里记录了什么?
I have a mole.
我有一个长期潜伏的间谍
Right here on my neck.
在这,就在我的脖子上面
It's not like me to make a joke.
讲笑话,这一点都不像我
I hope it's in my file I'm funny.
但我希望,在档案里能写上我很幽默
That's a good social skill.
那是一项很棒的社交技能
Given the evidence, a
现在有充足的证词,可靠的证人
credible witness and documented proof
及可信的证据来表明
that you were administered the
你服用的是真实的药物
actual drug and not a placebo...
而不是安慰剂...
Question. Go.
提问,请说
When do you see yourself liking me?
你是什么时候发现自己喜欢上我的?
Um, Mr. Post, Daniel, um,
呃,波斯特先生,我是说丹尼尔,呃...
plaintiff's attorney has been very
原告方律师已经
effective in turning the jury against you.
非常成功的令陪审团针对你
You come off as someone of
你已经成为了一个
privilege who has everything
拥有一切陪审团想要,却无法企及
the jury wants but doesn't have.
的特权的人
Except the girl.
除了女人
Bottom line, it's in your best interest to settle.
底线是,你愿意和解
How about we negotiate a settlement?
你来开个价钱如何?
I'm not following.
我不跟
I agree to settle the case
如果你能停止讨论案情
if you agree to stop talking about
并且承认这是一次正式的约会的话
it and declare this an official date.
我愿意和解
Have you ever done anything nice for anybody, ever?
你曾经帮助过其他的人么,哪怕一次?
Bum, bum, bum. See, you're
呃...
trying to get a look under the hood.
看,你正窥探隐私
Not until you agree.
除非你答应我的建议
Agreed. The answer is yes,
我投降(我同意了) 答案是肯定的
but my mom taught me that it's
但是,我的母亲告诉我
impolite to brag about one's good works.
吹嘘自己的善举是非常无礼的
Then don't brag. Tell.
那就实话实说,讲吧
What's to say?
说点什么呢?
Um, my company sent thousands of
嗯,我的公司耗巨资
pounds of supplies down to New Orleans
用以援助新奥尔良
before FEMA even put its pants on.
而此时,在FEMA(联邦应急管理局)人员,还没来得及穿上裤子呢
I fund a charter school for
在波士顿南部,我为智障儿童
learningdisabled kids here in south Boston.
资助了一间学校
I don't think the government
我认为政府
does enough to help its people so,
并没有给予他们足够的帮助
I give as much as I can.
所以,我尽我所能
Do you know why I can do that?
你知道,我为什么这样做么?
Because you're a rich guy
因为你是一个
who throws his weight around.
四处炫耀权势,仗势欺人的有钱人
It goes handinhand. Money gives me connections.
它渐渐走向联合,金钱为我建立了一种联系
Connections let me do what I want, get what I want.
而这种联系可以随意做,任何我想做的事,轻易得到任何我想要的东西
You really don't care what anybody thinks, do you?
你根本就不关心别人是怎么想的,不是么?
I got stage4 lung cancer.
我患了4级肺癌
I don't give a damn what
所以,我根本无不在意
anybody I don't know thinks about me.
其他人对我的看法
Life's too short, really.
生命短暂,真的
One more question.
再多问一个问题
Why are you really settling?
你为什么想要和解?
Did Mr. Hopper's testimony get to you?
是Hopper先生的证词影响了你么?
It did.
的确是
But don't get me wrong. I, I...
但不要误会,我,我...
I would do it again.
如果重来,我依然会这样做
It was a chance.
这是一个机会
So I took it, and, uh,
所以,我抓住了这个机会,然后,呃
as it turned out, the pneumotrox
结果证明,pneumotrox
didn't work as well as I'd imagined so...
并没有如我所愿的发挥作用
given that I have less time than I'd hoped,
假如,我活得时间不多了
I don't intend to waste
我不想把余下不多的时间
that time fighting a lawsuit,
浪费在一场官司里
so I'll settle.
所以,我将和解
Now, more wine?
那么,再来点葡萄酒?
You look distressed.
你看起来很沮丧
Your "Guns & ammo" magazine late again?
你的"枪与军火"杂志又晚来了?
She hasn't called all day.
她一整天都没有给我打过电话
Ah, Bev. It's nearly 4.
哈,Bev ,将近4个小时了
She hasn't called the office.
她没往办公室打电话
She hasn't called my cell phone.
她也没打我的手机
I checked the machine at home at 9:15, 9:30, 9:45.
我在9:15检查了一次手机,在9:30 9:45又检查了两次
Okay, I sense a pattern.
好的,我察觉到了点什么
I've done something.
我一定做错了什么事情
I bought her a gift.
我给她买了份礼物
I bought her a gift!
我竟然给她买了礼物!
Well, in time, I'm sure she'll forgive you.
随着时光流逝,我相信她一定会原谅你的
Don't you see? I didn't, I didn't
你难道还不明白?我没有,我没有
give her money like I do most women.
像对待其他女人一样,付给她钱
I didn't have a personal
我没有让我的私人购物助理去选礼物
shopper pick something out. I shopped.
而是我亲自去买的
And I, Denny Crane...
并且我,丹尼?克兰
thought about what she would like.
一直在考虑,她会喜欢什么
Maybe I'm, I'm having a stroke.
也许,我,我中风了
Maybe it's the mad cow. Maybe you're in love.
也许我得了疯牛病,也许你坠入爱河了
I am delirious with joy.
我一定是被这种喜悦的感觉,弄得神志不清了
Denny, you enjoy being with
丹尼你和Bev在一起的时候,你很愉快
Bev. She enjoys being with you.
她也很愉快
Why don't you just have fun in the moment
你为什么不尽情享受这种快乐
and leave it at that?
然后,到此为止?
I knew you wouldn't
我就知道你根本不明白
understand, you heartless bastard.
你就是个无情的蠢货
Wow, he's got it bad.
哇,他的情况不妙啊
You shouldn't eavesdrop.
你不应该偷听
Yes, he does, very.
是的,非常糟糕
You wanted me to tell you when
你想要我告诉你
that partnership voting thing was?
合伙人投票会议什么时候开始么?
It starts in 20 minutes.

20分钟后
And now we turn our attention to
现在,让我们关注
our next candidate, Brad Chase.
下一位候选者,Brad Chase
Excuse me. Uh, sorry to interrupt.
不好意思,嗯,打断一下
I have an urgent announcement to
我有一个关于国家安全
make regarding national security.
的紧急提议
I don't think our country is being run very well.
我认为,我们国家的运转出现了问题
That concludes the national security announcement.
这便导致了国家安全法案的缔结
Now onto other business,
另一方面
I'm looking at a group of
我所看到的是一群
partners in a worldclass law firm,
在世界一流的律师事务所的合伙人
each of whom owes some of
他们每个人的成就
their success to Jerry Espenson.
都应该或多或少归功于杰里?彭森
When any of you is stumped,
当你们任何人遇到困难
and you need someone who has an
需要某些
encyclopedic knowledge of the law
对法律的渊博知识
and the creative spark to know how to apply it,
并且知道怎样创造性的应对这些困难的人
whose door do you knock on?
你会去向谁求助?
Mr. Shore, we appreciate your
Shore先生,我们欣赏你的做法
input, but you are not a partner.
但你不是一个合伙人
Yes, but that's only because I can't be trusted.
没错,但那只是因为我不能被信任
I have here the
我这里有
confidential report on Jerry Espenson,
关于杰里?彭森的机密报告
known to some of you who
你知道,是你们中的一些更需要了解的
should know better as "Hands."
"怪手"的另一面
Uh, this report, while acknowledging
呃,关于这个报告,我们既然已经知道
that Jerry works very hard
杰里工作非常努力
and has an astute legal mind,
并且具有敏锐的法律头脑
also makes some veiled
也产生了一些隐晦的
references to "inappropriate behavior,"
“不适当的行为”
but really, this is about money, isn't it?
说真的,这都是为了钱,不是么?
And whether Jerry Espenson brings in enough.
还有杰里?彭森,赚的是否够多
And don't we all just love our money?
我们都爱钱,不对么?
You people must realize that once the rainmakers
你们应当意识到一旦这些能够呼风唤雨的人
have brought in the milliondollar accounts,
带来了百万美圆的帐户
those clients expect excellent
那些客户都希望有个优秀的代表
representation for their money,
来为他们的钱负责
and jerry is a big part of what they're paying for.
杰里无疑是最值得他们信赖的人选
My god, why isn't being brilliant enough?
我的上帝,为什么这样还不够杰出?
Why can't a lawyer be a valuable asset to this firm
为什么一个律师不能成为这家公司有价值的资产
without being a smiling Ken
而不是一个像肯娃娃(芭比娃娃的男朋友)
Doll with an aggressive handshake?
一样的笑面虎?
Does everyone at the firm have to be this guy?
这公司的所有人都象这家伙一样吗?
Mr. Shore, you have no standing at this meeting.
肖尔先生,您已经不受会议的欢迎
We would like to ask you to leave, please, now.
我们希望你现在就离开
Jerry Espenson has given 15
杰里?彭森已经在这家公司贡献了
years of his life to this firm.
15年的时间
His work has been essential.
他的工作很关键
How dare you invade the province
你怎么敢闯进这样一个
of a private partnership meeting?
私人的合伙人会议?
I'm sorry. I didn't think an
抱歉,我不觉得
invitation was forthcoming.
会有人邀请我
There's a lot you don't know about the
法律行业中
business of running a law practice, Alan,
有很多规则是你不懂的,艾伦
The first rule being... It's a business.
第一条... 这是在做生意
I understand that, Shirley,
我懂,雪莉
but it's a service business.
但这是一个服务的行业
You don't peddle widgets. You don't push stocks.
你不是在叫卖杂物,你也不是在炒股
You sell your people, and as far your
你是在卖你的人才,而且一旦你的人走了
people go, I'll take Jerry Espenson over...
我将取代杰里?彭森...
Don't give me... Well, you need to hear it!
不要说了... 事实上你需要听这些!
I said nothing when you fired Sally Heep,
当你炒掉Sally Heep时我什么也没说
whose only infraction was to sleep with me.
她唯一的罪状就是和我睡觉
I made not a peep when you deftly
当你轻车熟路的把Lori Colson赶出公司时
ushered Lori Colson out of the firm.
我也装做没看见
I even understood when you fired Catherine Piper,
我甚至理解你解雇卡瑟琳?派珀
a woman I profoundly adore.
一个我深深敬仰的女人
I swallowed all of it,
这些我都忍了
because I know it's a business.
因为我知道这是在做生意
But to abuse a talented, selfless employee,
但是虐待一个天才并且无私的雇员
only because his social skills lack polish,
只是因为他缺乏社交经验
to allow him to work tirelessly under
让他不知疲倦的工作而且
the delusion that he could make partner,
错误的以为他能找到合作伙伴
a delusion you carefully nurtured,
这是你给他造成的错觉
so as to make piles of
这样短期内从他身上
money off him in the shortterm,
获得大量的钱
that's a betrayal, Shirley, not just of Jerry,
那是种出卖,雪莉,不只是因为杰里
but of you and your character,
而且关乎你
which up till now I have
和你那至今为止都让我
considered undeniably decent!
觉得端庄正派的人格!
Are you finished? No.
你说完了? 还没有
Jerry Espenson no doubt will go off
杰里?彭森无疑会
quietly into the night, as the meek often do,
静静的隐没于夜色,就像开会时经常做的那样
but somebody around here has to get angry about it.
但这儿的某些人应该为此感到气愤
Otherwise, you'll just go
否则你将离开
off and blithely do it again.
离开并且在高兴的做一遍
We have not yet made a
关于杰里?彭森
decision concerning Jerry Espenson.
我们还没有作出决定
When we do, I will call you first to
当我们有结果时,我会第一个告诉你
tell you it is none of your concern.
这用不着你操心
There's a saying, Shirley. Perhaps you've heard it.
有句俗语,雪莉,你应该听过
All it takes for evil to
所有邪恶能够得逞的原因
succeed is for good people to say,
是善良的人说
"It's a business."
"这是在做生意"
I've been given a death sentence.
我已经被宣判死罪
And you're the one person in this
而你是这个房间里
room that knows exactly what that's like.
唯一确切明白这意味着什么的人
And there was this drug, and
本来还有药
I thought it could help me,
我原以为它会对我有帮助
so I used all my power and my
所有我用尽全力
influence to make sure that I got it.
来确保能够得到了它
But I didn't think it through,
但我没有想过
and I didn't think that there
也没有考虑到
might be consequences for other people,
对其他人而言的重要性
in this case for you.
在这件事上
And I see now that I hurt you...
我现在发现我伤害了你...
And I am sorry.
我很抱歉
This is our offer.
这是我们的出价
It's the only one we're going to make,
我们仅能做到这些
and it expires when we walk out the door.
并且当我们走出这扇门后即刻失效
This is a very generous
这是个非常慷慨的出价
offer. Think about your family.
想想你的家人
I don't care.
我不在乎
This could be a very long and drawn out...
那将会非常漫长...
That's exactly what it should be.
它就应该那样
What do you want?
你想怎么样?
If I take your money, I won't be hurting you.
如果我拿了你的钱我不会伤害你
The only thing that will really hurt you now
现在唯一能伤害到你的就是
is if I take your time,
占用你的时间
and that's exactly what I'm going to do.
那就是我想做的
I need to talk to you.
我得和你谈谈
You'll talk to me. No, I won't.
你会的,不我不会
You have a wife. You have a family.
你有妻子,有家庭
You owe something to them, but
你需要对他们负责
you also owe something to yourself.
而你也需要对自己做点什么
I know this road.
我理解你的心情
Do not allow anger to
不要让愤怒
consume the last days of your life.
浪费你生命中最后的时光
Bev Bev. Yes, Denny Crane?
怎么了,丹尼?克兰?
Would you like some...
你想要些...
money?
钱么?
I, I, I don't...
我,我,我不需要...
Bev, I'm afraid. Bev
我怕...
Of? Myself, of course.
怕什么? 我自己,当然
As godlike as I seem to you and other people,
你和其他人都觉得我特别庄严
there's a, there's a...
但在这...
a mortal inside this godlike shell.
庄严背的外壳下面有一颗平凡人的心
I don't trust myself.
我信不过我自己
Bottom line...
底线是...
I'm not a onewoman man.
我不会只和一个女人过日子
You know, Denny.
你知道吗,丹尼
We're both much too old for
在这件事上我们都太老了
this and too smart. We are?
而且都太过聪明,是吗?
Is there a powerful man out there
和你一样有权有势的男人
who hasn't felt what you're feeling?
有哪个会不受这样的烦恼困扰么?
No.
没有
So why fight it?
那为什么还要抗争?
Look, people don't change their
听着,人们都不愿意改变本性
stripes, and you don't want me to change you,
你也不希望我改变你
and I certainly don't want you to change me.
我当然也不想让你改变我
Therefore, Denny Crane,
既然如此,丹尼?克兰
as long as we're together,
只要我们在一起
feel free to have sex with anyone else you want.
你就可以随意和任何你想要的人做爱
Bev!
Bev!
I love you.
我爱你
Brad
布拉德.
It was a very close vote but...
选票非常接近,但是...
You made it.
你成功了
You are now officially a full
你已经正式成为
partner at Crane, Poole & Schmidt.
Crane Poole & Schmidt公司的合伙人
Congratulations. Thank you, Paul.
恭喜,谢谢,保罗
I will not let you down.
我不会让你失望的
Brad, on your knees. What?
跪下,布拉德,什么?
Denny, must we do this every single time?
丹尼,我们一定要每次都这样吗?
My name on the door. The answer would be "yes."
只要门上还有我的名字,答案就是肯定的
On your knees.
跪下
Brad Chase Brad Chase, I hereby dub thee Brad Chase.
我将此荣誉授予你,布拉德?蔡斯
Welcome, partner.
欢迎加入,合伙人
Thank you.
感谢您
Milord?
皇帝陛下?
You wanted to see me, Shirley?
你想见我是么,雪莉?
Yes, Jerry. Out of courtesy, I'll be brief.
是的,杰里,我会说得简明扼要
I'm very sorry, but you won't be making partner.
很抱歉,但合伙人不是你
But I've done everything I've been asked.
但我做了需要我做的所有事情
Your work here is
你做了大量的工作
considerable. It's just not enough.
但这还不够
Not enough?
不够?
I won't lead you on. There will be no
我不会与你合作
further opportunities for partnership.
没有进一步合作的机会了
However, we certainly appreciate all your hard work,
但是当然,我们很感激你的努力工作
and we welcome you to stay of counsel.
我们欢迎你作为辩护律师留下
The choice is yours.
选择权在你
Okay.
好吧
You free for dinner?
晚餐有时间吗?
Because I got a private chef
因为我有个私人厨师
that makes a mean breakfast in bed.
做菜很糟糕
You see where I'm going with this.
你知道我指什么
A friend of mine just made partner, so
我的一个朋友刚成为合伙人
we're gonna celebrate, you know, cake.
我们要庆祝,你知道的,来点蛋糕什么的
Rain check? Sure, sure thing.
能延期么? 当然,当然没问题
I got nothing but time.
除了时间我什么也没有
Oh, wait, you know, that's not true.
哦,等等,那不是真的
Mr. Lewiston tried to impress upon me
刘易斯顿先生试图感化我
that I not consume the rest of my life with anger.
不要在愤怒中度过余生
But the truth is, anger can satisfy,
但实际上,当绝望已经如此空虚时
while despair is rather empty.
愤怒也能令人满足
You don't seem very satisfied.
你看上去很不满足
This isn't simply about vengeance, Mr. Post.
那只是复仇,波斯特先生
If you were the only one out
如果你是唯一一个
there corrupting medical testing,
破坏了医疗检查的人
perhaps I'd take your money or if not, your apology.
可能我会收下你的钱,或是你的道歉
But there are others like you.
但是有其他人象你一样
Maybe this will send a message.
或许这件事能留下些信息
Maybe that will be the final legacy of my anger.
可能这是我愤怒的最后遗产
Guy acts like he's the only one dying around here.
好象这只有他自己要死去
About that dinner...
关于那个晚餐...
It's not enough.
那不够
It's not enough. Where is my coffee mug?
那不够,我的咖啡杯呢?
Surprise!
惊喜!
Oh, no!
哦,不!
Look at that!
快看
It's not enough!
那不够!
It's not enough!
那不够!
It's not enough!
那不够!
My initials on the briefcase? Nice touch.
我名字缩写在公文包上,不错
Jerry
杰里.
Why don't you come on in, have a piece of cake?
你为什么不进来吃块蛋糕?
Here, I'll get it for you. No, I can do it.
我来给你,不,我自己能来
Okay.
好吧
How's that, Shirley?
怎样,雪莉?
Is that enough?
够吗?
How about that?
怎么样?
Is that enough?
够吗?
Is that?
够吗?
Look, Hands. I mean, Jerry.
听着,“怪手”我是说,杰里
Everybody, stand back! I'll kill her!
所有人后退! 我要杀了她!
I swear, I will kill her!
我发誓我要杀了她!
I want to be made partner.
我想成为合伙人
I'm gonna draw up an agreement,
我要草拟一份协定
and you're gonna sign it, Shirley.
你要在上面签字,雪莉
I'll include a hold
我要在里面包括一个
harmless clause for this assault.
这次攻击无罪的条款
But this is a crime.
但这是犯罪
Hold harmless clauses are for
无罪条款是为了
insurance and real estate, not for crimes.
保险和房产,不是因为犯罪
Don't say "crime." We're just talking here.
不要说犯罪,我们只是在谈话
It certainly won't cover attempted murder.
这当然够不成谋杀
Don't say "murder.
不要说谋杀
You, substandard first year.
你!不合格的新人
Go pull the criminal law treatise
去读一下《美国法律报告》22期
at 22 ALR, 3rd 1228, reference cases
第三部分12至28页那篇犯罪法律的论文
that hold extreme emotional conditions
其中有提到这样的案例
diminish one's responsibility for a crime.
在犯罪过程中极度的情绪失控,会降低人的责任感
You!
你!
What do you think you're doing?
你知道你在干什么吗?
You gonna get one of your guns?
你要去拿你的枪?
No, why would I do that?
不,我为什么要那样做?
The one day I don't bring my sock holster.
我不带手枪套的一天
You, substandard partner,
你,不合格的合伙人
get me Rosenberg vs. Kaplan, 273 mass. 411.
给我去看Rosenberg对Kaplan 273期全文,411页
The facts of a case can be
这件事可以
construed to uphold an employment contract
理解为支持一个雇佣合同
even though it's entered into under duress.
即使它是被迫的
You!
你!
Hot secretary that makes me nervous,
性感秘书,让我紧张
get me a copy of the firm's partnership agreement
给我一份公司合伙人的协议书
and prepare to make some changes.
并且准备做些改变
Jerry, this is never gonna work.
杰里这样行不通
Pipe down!
放下!
Don't stand. Go!
别站那,走!
Get my guns!
拿我的枪!
I'm calling the police. Which guns should I get?
我要报警,我要拿哪把枪?
No guns! Just look up the damn cases.
没有枪,去看看那些该死的案例
"Subsection I, upon his or her motion,"
"分段,我在考虑到他(她)的情况下"
"a named partner may unilaterally reconsider"
"一个指定的合伙人可以,单方面重新审议"
"the rejection of a senior
"拒绝资深人员
associate for partnership."
成为合伙人"
Did you get all that?
你都写上去了吗?
Yes, Jerry.
是的,杰里
Please type it up.
把它打上去
Clacketyclack!
噼里啪啦!
What's going on?
发生什么了?
Hands went nuts.
“怪手”疯了
I found the cases you wanted.
我找到了你要的案例
They're excellent.
它们非常精彩
Thank you.
谢谢
Jerry
杰里.
What are you doing?
你在干什么?
Taking matters into my own hands.
靠我自己的怪手把事情搞定
That's right, people, I said "Hands."
没错,我说,"怪手"
See, I can be just as funny as you jokesters.
听着,我也能如此风趣
Why aren't you all laughing?
为什么你们都不笑?
Don't do this, Jerry, please.
别这么做,杰里,拜托
Stop now before this gets too out of hand...
在事情失控之前...
control.
现在就停下来
I will help you.
我会帮你的
Like you did with the partnership?
就象你在选合伙人时做的那样?
You don't want to throw away
你不想因为
an entire life's worth of
你的一时冲动
work over one emotional outburst.
抛弃你一生的事业吧
I don't want to see the most gifted legal mind
我不希望看到我认为拥有,最杰出的法律头脑的人
I have ever encountered rotting in a prison cell.
去进监狱
Now put down the knife, Jerry.
把刀放下,杰里
On one condition.
有一个条件
You represent me once I'm arrested.
我被捕后你要做我的律师
I can't. That's a conflict of interest.
我不能,那有利益冲突
I don't care.
我不管
You know the firm can waive that conflict,
你知道公司能放弃那些冲突
and I know that you'll honor that waiver,
我知道你会乐于放弃的
because if nothing else, you're a man of your word.
因为你是个守信用的人
Make the deal. I'll represent you.
快同意,我会帮你
Now hand me the knife.
给我刀
Oh, everyone.
哦,所有人
This is the cake I want for my birthday.
这是我生日想要的蛋糕
This is really good work.
做的的确很好
I assume it's clear to you now
现在我想大家明白了
why we couldn't make Jerry partner.
为什么杰里不能成为合伙人
I have to be with my client.
我得去找我的委托人了
Well, there's, um, not much to tell, really.
哦,那没什么好说的了
We were married for ten years and in love for,
我们结婚10年
well, probably half that.
相爱了或许...5年
Well, it's probably hard loving a golf bum.
爱上一个高尔夫迷一定很艰难
Do you want to hear something really awful?
你想听些真正糟糕的事么?
When we first got married,
我们刚结婚时
I knew deep down that he would
我就深刻的了解到
never amount to anything and,
他一文不值
somehow I was okay with that.
不知何故,我根本不计较这些
So what are your plans now? You, um, dating?
那你现在有什么打算?你,呃...约会吗?
Occasionally.
偶尔约个会
Actually, not at all.
事实上,根本没有
Little problem with commitment, huh?
对承诺产生了怀疑,是吧?
I know the feeling.
我了解这种感觉
Um, I'm not looking for a
呃,我也不想要找什么
longterm relationship either.
长期固定的关系
What I don't understand is how
我不明白的是
he got his hands from the cake
他是如何这么迅速的
to Shirley's neck so quickly.
把手从蛋糕那里移到雪莉的脖子上
You know, Denny, I can't
你知道,丹尼 ,事实上
actually talk about this with you
我现在不能和你谈论这些
now that Jerry's my client.
现在杰里是我的委托人了
You aren't really gonna represent him, are you?
你不会真的打算代他出庭吧?
I gave him my word.
我向他保证过
Oh, please. We're lawyers.
哦,算了吧,我们是律师
He's a whack job.
他是个烂摊子
By the way, uh, did I tell you?
顺便说一句,我没告诉你么?
Bev and I are getting married.
Bev和我要结婚了
No.
没有
I would have remembered that.
如果说过的话我会记得的
Yeah. Well...
没错,呃...
she's the one.
她就是我的真命天女
Yes. She seems like the one.
是啊,她看起来的确合适
Congratulations, Denny.
恭喜你,丹尼
I want to assure you
我要向你保证
that my impending nuptials
迫近的婚礼
won't change anying between us.
不会改变我们之间的关系
No impact whatsoever.
没有任何冲突
I gotta go.
我得走了
We're registering for flatware.
我们要去注册一下各自的东西

分享到
重点单词
  • invitationn. 邀请,招待,邀请函,引诱,招致
  • sustainedadj. 持久的,经久不衰的
  • adorevt. 崇拜,爱慕
  • chefn. 厨师,主厨
  • celebratev. 庆祝,庆贺,颂扬
  • chartern. 宪章,特许,(船、机、车等的)租赁 vt. 特许,
  • factorn. 因素,因子 vt. 把 ... 因素包括进去 vi
  • hinderadj. 后面的 vt. 阻碍,打扰 vi. 阻碍
  • rudeadj. 粗鲁的,无礼的 adj. 粗糙的,粗野的
  • apologyn. 道歉;勉强的替代物