看电影《全民情敌》学英语第37期:海鲜过敏化解危机
日期:2013-10-19 19:30

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Ladies and gentlemen...
各位先生女士…
a coquille St. Jacques with a lemon butter reduction.
柠檬奶油扇贝
Compliments of our chef. - Thank you.
大厨请的 谢谢
I'm sure you're really gonna enjoy this.
我想你们会喜欢的
That's really good.
真好吃
I'm very impressed.
我很讶异
Around these two, people usually can't wait to name-drop and dish their friends...
你知道,在这两个人身边 人们都会拼命讲八卦是非…
Why is that?
为什么?
and you're being all discreet.
而你却很低调
Yeah, it's quite endearing.
是啊,这还满讨喜的
Actually, it is. So why don't we change the subject?
是啊,我们换个话题吧?
Are you all right? - Yeah. No, I'm fine.
你还好吧? 没事,我很好
So Sara tells me that you're a consultant, Hitch.
听莎拉说你是个顾问
Yeah, mostly marketing, little advertising, brand management.
是啊,大多是行销的案子 少数则是广告、品牌管理
I have no idea what that means.
我不懂什么是品牌管理
No one does. That's why I get to charge so much.
没人懂,所以我收费才那么高
Are you sure you're all right?
你真的没事?
Yeah, I'm fine. Is it itchy in here or is it just me?
我很好,这里怎么这么热?
I know what's happening. - No.
我知道这是怎么回事 不


妙语佳句

1.compliment
n. 恭维;称赞;问候;致意;道贺
vt. 恭维;称赞
Compliment them, and show respect.
恭维他们,表现敬意。

2.endearing
adj. 可爱的;讨人喜欢的;引起爱情的
Her characters are not very endearing.
她的角色都不太讨人喜欢。

剧情百科

当圣泰面对麦克斯的询问无言以对的时候,一个柠檬扇贝打破了这个尴尬的气氛,但没想到圣泰居然对海鲜过敏……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.These are the cells thought to ______ ______ ______ tumors.
据说这些细胞是导致肿瘤的生长的细胞。

2.It's not that the facts about death ______ you ______ ______ stay in your room and sulk.
不是说关于死亡的事实,给了你呆在房间里生气的理由。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.People seeking care should not be subjected to abuse.
寻求护理的人们不应该受到虐待。

2.There is a middle school attached to the institute.
这个学院附设一所中学。

分享到
重点单词
  • abusen. 滥用,恶习 vt. 滥用,辱骂,虐待
  • endearingadj. 惹人喜爱的,可爱的 动词endear的现在分词
  • discreetadj. 谨慎的
  • chefn. 厨师,主厨
  • instituten. 学会,学院,协会 vt. 创立,开始,制定
  • reductionn. 减少,缩小,(化学)还原反应,(数学)约分
  • impressedadj. 外加的;印象深刻的;了不起的;受感动的
  • complimentn. 称赞,恭维,(复数)致意 vt. 称赞,恭维
  • brandn. 商标,牌子,烙印,标记 vt. 打烙印,铭刻,加污