看电影《辛普森一家》学英语第32期:阻止政府的阴谋
日期:2013-10-07 12:50

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Are you tired of the same old Grand Canyon?
你是否对一成不变的大峡谷感到厌倦?
Here we are, kids, the Grand Canyon.
我们到了,孩子们,这里就是大峡谷
It's so oId and boring. I want a new one. Now!
好破,真无聊啊 我想要个新的,现在就要!
HeIIo. I'm Tom Hanks.
你们好啊,我是汤姆·汉克斯
The U.S. government has Iost its credibiIity. . .
美国政府已经失信于民
So it's borrowing some of mine.
所以不得不借用我的威名
TousIe my hair, Mr. Hanks.
摸摸我的头发,汉克斯先生
Sure thing, son.
没问题,孩子
Now, I'm pIeased to teII you aII about the New Grand Canyon.
现在我荣幸的向大家介绍崭新的大峡谷
This weekend, East of Shelbyville and south of Capitol City,
将于本周六正式运营 位于华府以南,莎百维以东 (艺术模拟)
That's where SpringfieId is!
那是斯普林菲尔德所在地!
It's nowhere near where anything is or ever was.
这将是你闻所未闻的新景观
This is Tom Hanks, saying:
这是汤姆·汉克斯的心声
If you're going to pick a government to trust, why not this one?
选择值得信任的政府…为什么不选我呢?
Did you see that?
你们看到了吗?
Yes, they're going to destroy SpringfieId.
是的,他们打算将斯普林菲尔德夷为平地!
But we're going to stop them.
不过我们会阻止他们
Homie, get your cIothes on. Homie?
荷马,穿好衣服了吗?荷马


妙语佳句

1.be tired of
v. 厌烦
Tom may be tired of watching TV now, for he seldom talks about the TV programs.
汤姆可能厌倦看电视了,因为他很少谈论电视节目。

2.tousle
n. 杂乱;蓬乱的头发
vt. 弄乱
You can't see their smile or bring them food or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor.
你见不到他们的笑容,不能给他们端食物来,不能揉乱他们的头发,不能带他们在舞池跳舞。

剧情百科

看来政府打算在夷平斯普林菲尔德以后,将它包装介绍成一个类似大峡谷的旅游胜地……所幸政府的阴谋被辛普森一家看到了,他们打算去阻止这个行动,那么,霍默会一起去吗?

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.So how do you ______ ______ improving your memory?
那么,你如何开始改善记忆力呢?

2.Each time you do, you ______ ______ a little of your personal power and self respect.
任何时间你这样做,你都出卖了一些你的自身能力与自尊。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.Incoming sunlight is scattered in all directions by waves.
入射的太阳光被波浪分散到各个方向。

2.They should be on display,you should be sharing their beauty with others.
它们也应该被展示,它们的美也需要被分享。

分享到
重点单词
  • displayn. 显示,陈列,炫耀 vt. 显示,表现,夸示
  • canyonn. 峡谷
  • boringadj. 令人厌烦的