看电影《全民情敌》学英语第7期:柏拉图爱情?太可悲了
日期:2013-08-13 14:04

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

That's good, right? - No.
那球算进吧? 才怪!
No, it was in and it freaked out.
它本来要进袋,却突然转向
You know what your problem is, Hitch? You're all about the short game.
秦圣,你的眼光就是不肯放远点
You pick your shots based on what you see first...
永远只看眼前…
not what's necessarily best for you...
而不是就长远看来…
in the long run.
最有利的选择
All of us are not married to the woman of our dreams and about to have a baby.
不是所有人都能娶到梦中情人 还即将生下宝宝
You know, I'm very happy for you. Just not meant for everybody.
我为你高兴,但那不适合所有人
So please just leave me to my hot, sweaty...
拜托你,让我玩个爽…
totally varied, wildly experimental short game.
打个短暂却高潮迭起的球局吧
I was talking about pool, but whatever. - Yeah, okay.
我说的就是打球啊 随便啦
Honestly, I just hope one day you're able to experience...
我只希望有天你能经历到…
the unconditional love, trust, and openness...
无条件的爱、信任和坦承…
that I share with Grace every single day.
就像我和葛蕾丝一样
Is this really barroom talk? - You need to listen to me. I'm serious.
男人在酒吧会谈这个吗? 听我的,我是说真的
Because when you get to a place with a woman like that...
等你找到一个这样的女人…
it's so beyond anything physical that...
那将会超越任何肉体关系…
when I think back to when I used to run around with you...
超越你我之前追过的
and chase all these really gorgeous but shallow women...
任何一个波大无脑的妹…
I don't know, it's kind of ridiculous and vaguely pathetic.
我不知道,那有点荒唐 还有点可悲
Yeah, I see what you mean. That's pathetic.
是啊,我明白你的意思 那真可悲,太可悲了


妙语佳句

1.freak out
使处于极度兴奋中;崩溃
So you’re super busy, totally tired, and ready to freak out.
你的工作异常忙碌,你觉得很累,快要崩溃了。

2.experimental
adj. 实验的;根据实验的;试验性的
His conclusions are underpinned by experimental findings.
试验的结果证实了他的结论。
如果你要跟我调情,我立刻就走。

剧情百科

“你只顾着追女孩子,你的目光太短浅了,知道吗?有一种爱情是超越肉体的,你会觉得狠不可思议……”圣泰的朋友如是说……但是他的眼睛缺盯着美女一直看……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.If you can ______ ______ me, I will try to explain my own position.
如果你们能忍受我的话,我就试着解释我自己的立场。

2.And I will ______ ______ his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.
我要在他面前打碎他的敌人,击杀那恨他的人。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.The sledge shot forward, knocking me off balance.
雪橇终于向前冲了出去,几乎把我撞得失去平衡。

2.On balance, I was happy with the results.
总而言之,我对竞选的这些结果感到高兴。


分享到
重点单词
  • chasen. 追求,狩猎,争取 vt. 追捕,狩猎 vt. 雕刻
  • shallowadj. 浅的,薄的 n. 浅滩,浅处 v. 变浅
  • opennessn. 公开;宽阔;率真
  • gracen. 优美,优雅,恩惠 vt. 使荣耀,使优美
  • ridiculousadj. 荒谬的,可笑的
  • variedadj. 各种各样的 动词vary的过去式和过去分词
  • experimentaladj. 实验(性)的,试验(性)的