每天记住5个"烦人"单词第17期:惨无人道
日期:2011-11-30 16:15

(单词翻译:单击)

词汇讲解-Student: Why did you have to keep him awake for so long? I mean, that's inhumane.
为什么要他一直醒着?我的意思是...这样做不太人道。——《 窃听风暴》

inhumane adj. 无情的,不人道的
I don't think he's an inhumane man.
我认为他不是一个没有人性的人。
Inhuman treatment of the prisoners of war shocked world opinion.
那些战俘受到了不人道的待遇,世界舆论为之震惊。

-Prisoner 227: ...classmate Max Kirchner.
...和同班同学Max Kirchner
We went to his place ...and listened to music into the evening. He has a phone. You can call him.
我们去他家里,我到他家里听音乐,聊得很晚。他有电话,你可以打给他。
He'll corroborate everything.
他会证实我说的一切。——《 窃听风暴》

corroborate: 确证,证实
There's nothing to corroborate your story.
没有任何东西可以确证你的话。
Some observations do seem to corroborate the idea.
而某些观察所得似乎也佐证了这种想法。
Experiments have corroborated her predictions.
实验证实了她的预言。
His friend corroborated his guilt.
他的朋友证实了他的犯罪。

-Wiesler: Quiet. Quiet! Listen. Can anyone tell me what that is? The preserved scent for the dogs.
安静,安静!注意听。有谁能说出这是什么吗?这保留了给警犬闻的气味。
It's to be removed after every interrogation, and never left behind.
侦讯完毕后,务必将它保存起来——《 窃听风暴》

preserve v. 保存,储存,储藏
You should preserve your papers for future use.
你应当把你的文件保存起来以备将来之用。
I think these interesting old customs should be preserved.
我认为这些有趣的旧习俗应该保存下去。
Salt and spices help to preserve meat.
盐和调味品有助於保藏肉类。

interrogate v. 审问,审讯
Mason decides to interrogate Penticoff himself.
梅森决定亲自审问彭蒂科夫。
To interrogate this hardened criminal, you have to squeeze every word out of him.
审问这个惯犯就跟挤牙膏一样。

-Wiesler: He's the kind of arrogant guy I always warn my students about.
就像那种上课被我警告的傲慢学生。
-Grubitz: Arrogant, but loyal. If everyone were like him, I'd be jobless.
虽然傲慢但很爱国,但大家都像他的话我们就失业了。——《 窃听风暴》

arrogant: 傲慢的
One should never be arrogant even when he is at his best.
一个人在最得意时也不应傲慢。
Well as he does in study, he is not arrogant.
虽然他功课很好,却一点都不傲慢。

翻译练习这种新式武器太惨无人道而不宜使用。

见证人证实了警察的陈述。

没有人确切地知道当初人们是如何学会保存食物的。

我们要对这两个嫌疑人进行分别审讯。

他经常以一种傲慢的口气说话。

参考答案The new weapon was too inhumane to be used.
这种新式武器太惨无人道而不宜使用。

Witnesses corroborated the policeman's statement.
见证人证实了警察的陈述。

No one knows for sure how people first learned to preserve food.
没有人确切地知道当初人们是如何学会保存食物的。

We will interrogate the two suspects separately.
我们要对这两个嫌疑人进行分别审讯。

He often speaks in an arrogant tone.
他经常以一种傲慢的口气说话。

分享到
重点单词
  • corroboratev. 确证,使坚固
  • scentn. 气味,香味,痕迹 vt. 闻出,发觉,使充满味道,
  • preservev. 保存,保留,维护 n. 蜜饯,禁猎区
  • squeezev. 压榨,挤压,塞进 n. 压榨,勒索,榨取
  • tonen. 音调,语气,品质,调子,色调 vt. 使更健壮,装
  • guiltn. 罪行,内疚
  • masonn. 泥瓦匠 Mason: 共济会会员
  • preservedadj. 保藏的;腌制的;[美俚]喝醉的
  • statementn. 声明,陈述
  • criminaladj. 犯罪的,刑事的,违法的 n. 罪犯