每天记住5个"烦人"单词第15期:过敏
日期:2011-11-28 13:34

(单词翻译:单击)

词汇讲解-Dom: Thats me they want.
他们只想抓我。
And they catch me.
一旦抓住我。
They fall a big numbers anybody with me.
我身边的人也会跟着倒霉。
Unrelated good one.
就算是无辜的人。——《 速度与激情》

unrelated: 不相关的,无亲属关系的
The practice of rearing unrelated offspring occurs in several ant species.
只有几种蚂蚁可以抚育与自己并不相关的后代。
Analogies compare two seemingly unrelated things. They are often used in tests.
类推就是比较两个看上去不相关的事物。在测试中经常用到。
As they were discussing some important questions,he interposed an unrelated thing.
当他们正在讨论一些重要问题时,他却插进了一个毫不相干的问题。

-Dr. Marcia: Your son feels that since your wife's death you've been very, very unhappy.
你儿子觉得你丧妻后郁郁寡欢,
He's genuinely worried about you.
他非常担心你。

genuinely: 真诚地,由衷地
genuine: 真诚的,真正的
A genuine friend will not desert you in time of adversity.
真正的朋友不会在患难时弃你而去。
It appears to be genuine, but I have my suspicions (about it).
这看来好像是真的,不过我(对此)有怀疑。

I don't want you get tangled up in this stay away from him.
我不想让你卷进来,离他远点。
-Nina: That's what you have to say to me after 5 years?
5年之后,你只能说这番话?
All of the sudden you care what happens to me.
突然间关心起我的死活。——《 速度与激情》

tangle 纠缠,陷入,卷入
They were tangled in the labour-management controversy.
他们被卷入了劳资纠纷。
Sometimes the tangle descends on us like a net of blight on a rose bush.
有时候困境就会像玫瑰花的枯萎病一样纠缠在我们身上。

-Harold: Bees. I'm allergic to bees.
我对蜜蜂过敏。
-Irene: Harold is allergic to every type of bee.
Harold都过敏,不管哪种蜜蜂。——《 西雅图夜未眠》

allergic adj. 过敏的
Ben is allergic to pollen.
班对花粉过敏。
I like cats but unfortunately I'm allergic to them.
我很喜欢猫,但遗憾的是我对猫过敏。

-Dr. Marcia: What's he doing? Is he busy?
他在做什么?在忙吗?
-Jonah: Not really. He's out on the deck.
不忙,他在甲板上。
-Dr. Marcia: I'm sure that I can help, but I'm going to need you to help me help him.
我可以帮忙,但要他听电话。
-Annie: Wretched woman!
坏女人!——《 西雅图夜未眠》

wretched: 卑鄙的,极坏的,恶劣的
It is only the idle that are wretched.
唯有懒惰的人才是卑鄙的人。
The hotel food was absolutely wretched.
那家旅馆的饭菜极差。
The plane is been put off by wretched weather.
飞机因恶劣的天气而延迟。

翻译练习这两件事互不相干。

他真心诚意地愿意帮助我们。

我们都纠缠在同一个问题里面。

她对干酪过敏。

这些动物的饲养条件极其恶劣。

参考答案The two events were totally unrelated.
这两件事互不相干。

He has a genuine desire to help us.
他真心诚意地愿意帮助我们。

We were all tangled up with the same problem.
我们都纠缠在同一个问题里面。

She is allergic to cheese.
她对干酪过敏。

The animals are kept in the most wretched conditions.
这些动物的饲养条件极其恶劣。

分享到
重点单词
  • genuineadj. 真正的,真实的,真诚的
  • unhappyadj. 不快乐的,不高兴的
  • offspringn. 子孙,后代,产物
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • planeadj. 平的,与飞机有关的 n. 飞机,水平,水准,刨
  • pollenn. [植]花粉,[昆]粉面(双翅目昆虫的易落粉) vt
  • idleadj. 无目的的,无聊的; 懒惰的,闲散的; 无根据的
  • speciesn. (单复同)物种,种类
  • tanglen. 缠结,混乱,海澡类 v. 使缠结,纠纷
  • controversyn. (公开的)争论,争议