There are ten multi-choice questions in this section. Choose the best answer to each question. Mark your answer on your colored answer sheet.
31. ____ is the world's largest exporter of lamb and mutton.
A. New Zealand B. Australia C. Canada D. America
32. ____ is popularly known in the West as the Land Down Under.
A. Britain B. Canada C. Australia D. New Zealand
33. Shakespeare wrote all the following works EXCEPT ____.
A. Hamlet B. King Lear C. Othello D. Wuthering Heights
34. Mark Twain is most famous for ____.
A. poems B. novels C. dramas D. science fiction
35. ____ was NOT written by Charles Dickens.
A. David Copperfield B. Oliver Twist C. Sons and Lovers D. A Tale of Two Cities
36. British prime minister normally serves a ____ term.
A. two-year B. five-year C. four-year D. six-year
37. ____ is sometimes called the birthplace of America.
A. New England B. the South C. the West D. the Midwest
38. Semantics is the study of ____.
A. linguistic competence B. language functions C. meanings D. social behavior
39. Which of the following is not generally believed to be area of linguistics?
A. syntax B. semantics C. phonology D. etiology
40. TG grammar was advanced by ____.
A. Searle B. Whorf C. Halliday D. Noam Chomsky