谢谢你,自作主张的妈妈
日期:2018-11-06 09:38

(单词翻译:单击)

Everybody is searching for that right person.
每个人都在寻找自己的真命天子。
But many failed.
但很多人却不能如愿。
Sometimes we just fear to try.
有时候,我们只是太害怕去尝试。
So we need a third person's kind interference.
而这种时候,就需要一个第三者的善意介入了。
And for me, that's from my mom.
对于我来讲,这次介入来自我妈。
Having just cemented a new bridge, my dental-assistant mother said to her patient, “Your girlfriend’s going to love your new teeth.”
我那当牙医的妈妈当时刚好给人不完了一颗牙,她对病人说:“你的女朋友会喜欢你的新牙齿的。”
He replied, “I’m between girlfriends right now.”
那位病人说:“我现在没有女朋友了。”
She said, “Don’t go anywhere. I have two daughters, Kathy and Vicky. Let me get their pictures from my wallet.”
而我妈说:“那你别走。我有两个女儿,凯西和维姬。你等等,我去钱包里找她们的照片。”
Dan was still reclined in the dental chair with his bib onand wasn’t going anywhere.
单当时还躺在整牙的躺椅上,围着塑胶围嘴,哪也去不了。
Rushing back, she showed him her daughters’ photos, saying, “Here is our phone number. Give Kathy a call—she’s the older one.”
然后我妈急匆匆地回来了,把自己女儿的照片给他看,并且说:“这是我们的电话号码。打个电话给凯西,她是比较大的那个。”
He called, and we’ve been happily married for 39 years.
而他真的打了,现在我们幸福的婚姻已经维持了39年了。
Thanks, Mom!
谢谢你,妈妈!

分享到
重点单词
  • walletn. 皮夹,钱包
  • interferencen. 妨碍,干扰 [计算机] 干涉