双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第25章:尾声(8)
日期:2018-03-09 11:00

(单词翻译:单击)

It is still not definitely known who shot me, but a man named Ataullah Khan said he did it.
我们依旧无法完全确定是谁对我开了枪,但有一名叫作阿陶拉·汗的男子说是他下的手。
The police have not managed to find him but they say they are investigating and want to interview me.
警方还没有找到他,但他们说正在着手调查,并希望能有机会跟我沟通。
Though I don't remember exactly what happened that day, sometimes I have flashbacks. They come unexpectedly.
虽然我并不完全记得那天究竟发生了什么事,但有时,我会忽然陷入当时的情境。我无法预知这种情形何时出现。
The worst one was in June, when we were in Abu Dhabi on the way to perform Umrah in Saudi Arabia.
最糟的一次发生在6月,我们当时在阿布扎比,正在前往沙特阿拉伯进行副朝(原文为Umrah。根据伊斯兰教法规定,凡穆斯林均需于规定的期间,也就是伊斯兰教教历12月8日至12月12日,前往圣城麦加朝圣,此称为“正朝”。而在此期间之外若前往麦加朝觐,则称为“副朝”。)的路上。
I went to a shopping mall with my mother as she wanted to buy a special burqa to pray in Mecca.
我和母亲一起来到购物中心,因为她想买一件专用的罩袍,穿上它在麦加做礼拜。
I didn't want one. I said I would just wear my shawl as it is not specified that a woman must wear a burqa.
我不想买。我说我会戴着我的披巾,因为教义中并没有特别规定女性一定要穿罩袍。
As we were walking through the mall, suddenly I could see so many men around me.
当我们在购物中心穿行时,我忽然看见许多男人环绕在我的身旁。
I thought they were waiting for me with guns and would shoot.
我以为他们身上都带着枪,一见我出现就会开枪。
I was terrified though I said nothing.
我很害怕,但我什么都没说。
I told myself, Malala, you have already faced death.
我告诉自己:马拉拉,你已经跟死亡正面交过手了。
This is your second life.
这是你的第二条命。
Don't be afraid – if you are afraid you can't move forward.
不要怕——如果你害怕,你就会无法继续走下去。

分享到
重点单词
  • unexpectedlyadv. 未料到地,意外地
  • performv. 执行,运转,举行,表演
  • interviewn. 接见,会见,面试,面谈 vt. 接见,采访,对 .