双语畅销书《艾伦图灵传》第4章:彼岸新星(37)
日期:2017-06-13 09:00

(单词翻译:单击)

He suggested going on the 16th and on the 18th we left.
16日他提议去滑雪,18日我们出发了。
A man called Wannier attached himself to the party at the last moment.
一个叫做万尼尔的人在出发前加入了我们,
Probably just as well; I always quarrel if I go on holiday with one companion.
这样挺好,因为我与一个同伴独处时,总是会争吵起来。
It was charming of Maurice to ask me to join him.
莫瑞斯很热情地邀请了我,
He has been very kind to me whilst I have been here.
假期中他也对我很友好。
We spent the first few days at a cottage where we were the only guests.
我们在一个村子里待了几天,那里只有我们几个游客。
Afterwards we moved to a place where there were several Commonwealth Fellows and others of various nationalities.
然后我们去了别处,那里还有另外几个来自英联邦的研究员,也有一些其它国家的。
Why we moved I don't know, but I imagine Maurice wanted more company.
我也不知道为什么我们要改去那里,我想可能是莫瑞斯想跟更多的人一起玩。
Perhaps Alan wanted Maurice more to himself, for his friend was something of a grown-up Christopher Morcom.
也许艾伦希望莫瑞斯多跟自己玩,因为他就像是成年的克里斯朵夫·默卡。
They drove back through Boston, where the car broke down, and on their return,
当他们开车穿越波士顿时,车抛锚了。在他们回来的时候:
Maurice and Francis Price arranged a party with a Treasure Hunt last Sunday.
上个星期天,莫瑞斯和弗兰西斯·普利斯安排了一个寻宝大派对。
There were 13 clues of various kinds, cryptograms, anagrams, and others completely obscure to me.
共有十三种不同的线索,有字谜,密码,电文,还有一些我不懂的东西,
It was all very ingenious, but I am not much use at them.
这些加密方式很巧妙,只是我不经常使用。

分享到