双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第13章:古尔玛凯的日记(1)
日期:2017-01-23 13:53

(单词翻译:单击)

13 The Diary of Gul Makai
13 古尔·玛凯的日记

It was during one of those dark days that my father received a call from his friend Abdul Hai Kakar, a BBC radio correspondent based in Peshawar.
在那些暗无天日的日子里的某一天,父亲接到了一通来自他的朋友阿卜杜勒·海·卡卡尔的电话。他是一名常驻白沙瓦的BBC特派员,
He was looking for a female teacher or a schoolgirl to write a diary about life under the Taliban.
希望找到一名女教师或女学生,撰写一份塔利班统治下的每日记事。
He wanted to show the human side of the catastrophe in Swat.
他希望通过日记,来展现处于深重灾难中的斯瓦特人的生活。
Initially Madam Maryam's younger sister Ayesha agreed, but her father found out and refused his permission saying it was too risky.
起初,玛丽安女士的妹妹阿依莎同意书写,但她的父亲发现后,认为这件事太过冒险,阻止了她。
When I overheard my father talking about this, I said, 'Why not me?'
当我无意中听到父亲在谈论此事时,便说:“何不让我试试看?”
I wanted people to know what was happening.
我希望外界知道斯瓦特发生的一切。
Education is our right, I said. Just as it is our right to sing.
接受教育是我们的权利,就如同我们有权利歌唱一样。
Islam has given us this right and says that every girl and boy should go to school.
伊斯兰教义赋予我们这项权利,它说,每一个女孩与男孩都应该去上学。
The Quran says we should seek knowledge, study hard and learn the mysteries of our world.
《古兰经》告诉我们应该追求知识,认真学习,以探知世界的奥秘。

分享到