英语听书《白鲸记》第120期
日期:2014-06-30 17:01

(单词翻译:单击)

Holloa! he breathed at last, who be ye smokers?

嗨,你们,你们是谁?

Shipped men, answered I, when does she sail?

水手。船什么时候开?

Aye, aye, ye are going in her, be ye? She sails to-day. The Captain came aboard last night.

噢,你们是这条船上的水手?船长昨天夜里上了船了,今天就开!

What Captain?—Ahab?

船长?亚哈船长?

Who but him indeed?

当然,没有别的船长了。

I was going to ask him some further questions concerning Ahab, when we heard a noise on deck.

我刚想继续问下去,甲板上却传来了脚步声。

Holloa! Starbuck's astir, said the rigger. He's a lively chief mate, that; good man, and a pious; but all alive now, I must turn to.

听,这是大副斯达巴克,他可是个好人,身强力壮、心地善良。他起床了,我也该干活儿了。

And so saying he went on deck, and we followed.

索匠边说边走上了甲板。

It was now clear sunrise. Soon the crew came on board in twos and threes; the riggers bestirred themselves; the mates were actively engaged;

太阳升起来了,船上的人们开始了最后的忙碌,

and several of the shore people were busy in bringing various last things on board.

大副、二副、三副指挥着水手们帮着从岸上把最后一批家什运上船来。

Meanwhile Captain Ahab remained invisibly enshrined within his cabin.

船长还是没露面,他在船长室里。

分享到
重点单词
  • engagedadj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的
  • crewn. 全体船员,全体乘务员,(一组)工作人员 vi
  • piousadj. 虔诚的,尽责的,值得的
  • lively活泼的,活跃的,栩栩如生的,真实的
  • maten. 伙伴,配偶,同事 vt. 使 ... 配对,使 .