英语听书《白鲸记》第118期
日期:2014-06-26 17:06

(单词翻译:单击)

But I beat the thing down; and again marking the sleeper, jocularly hinted to Queequeg that perhaps we had best sit up with the body;

我无奈地说。魁魁格在那老索匠的屁股上按了按,好像在试够不够软。

telling him to establish himself accordingly.

他疯疯癫癫地讲了一遍,走了。

He put his hand upon the sleeper's rear, as though feeling if it was soft enough; and then, without more ado, sat quietly down there.

魁魁格坐到了那个人的脑袋边儿上,只是安静的坐着。

Gracious! Queequeg, don't sit there, said I.

算啦,咱们就守着这个老索匠坐一会儿吧!

Oh! perry dood seat, said Queequeg, my country way; won't hurt him face.

噢,这可是个好座位!我按我家乡的方法坐,不会压扁他的脑袋的!

Face! said I, call that his face? very benevolent countenance then; but how hard he breathes, he's heaving himself;

脸!我说着,这叫脸吗?很仁慈的表情,但他呼吸有多难,他在难为自己;

get off, Queequeg, you are heavy, it's grinding the face of the poor.

躲开,魁魁格,你太沉了,别这么折磨穷人。

Get off, Queequeg! Look, he'll twitch you off soon.

躲开,魁魁格,看,他会找你茬的。

I wonder he don't wake.

我想知道他是不会醒来的。

Queequeg removed himself to just beyond the head of the sleeper, and lighted his tomahawk pipe.

魁魁格挪了挪屁股,坐到了那个人的脑袋边儿上,点上了他的烟斗斧。

I sat at the feet. We kept the pipe passing over the sleeper, from one to the other.

我则坐在那人的脚边儿。于是,烟斗斧就跨过那个人的身子,递过来又递过去。

分享到
重点单词
  • beatv. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动 n. 敲打,拍子,心跳
  • benevolentadj. 仁慈的,乐善好施的
  • countenancen. 面容,面部表情,支持