英语听书《白鲸记》第104期
日期:2014-06-06 16:53

(单词翻译:单击)

Have ye shipped in her? he repeated.

是不是,当上了那只船的水手?

You mean the ship Pequod, I suppose, said I, trying to gain a little more time for an uninterrupted look at him.

你说的是裴廓德号吗? 我争取着时间,又注意地观察了一下他缀满了补丁的裤子和脖子上黑布似的白围脖,以及他脸上那像汹涌的波浪般的天花。

Aye, the Pequod—that ship there, he said, drawing back his whole arm, and then rapidly shoving it straight out from him,

是的,就是那条船。 我停下脚步,注意地看了一下这个人:他穿得很脏,

with the fixed bayonet of his pointed finger darted full at the object.

一手指着裴廓德号的方向。

Yes, said I, we have just signed the articles.

没错,刚签了约。

Anything down there about your souls?

把灵魂也押上了吧?

About what?

什么?

Oh, perhaps you hav'n't got any, he said quickly.

啊对,也许你们没有灵魂!

No matter though, I know many chaps that haven't got any,—good luck to 'em; and they are all the better off for it. A soul's a sort of a fifth wheel to a wagon.

不要紧,就我所知,很多人都没有灵魂。这里再一次地祝他们一帆风顺吧!灵魂,就是一辆马车的第五个轮子啊!

What are you jabbering about, shipmate? said I.

你在说些什么啊?我的船友!

HE'S got enough, though, to make up for all deficiencies of that sort in other chaps, abruptly said the stranger, placing a nervous emphasis upon the word HE.

啊,他已经补足了缺额了!陌生人又咒语般地说了这么一句,在他字上说得特别重。

分享到
重点单词
  • wagonn. 四轮马车,货车 v. 用四轮马车运
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • abruptlyadv. 突然地,莽撞地,陡峭地,不连贯地
  • emphasisn. 强调,重点
  • wheeln. 轮子,车轮,方向盘,周期,旋转 vi. 旋转,转动