英语听书《白鲸记》第87期
日期:2014-05-12 16:27

(单词翻译:单击)

Unconsciously clapping the vinegar-cruet to one side of her nose, she ruminated for an instant;

她飞快地奔到楼梯底下的小房间里,迅速地往里看了一眼,

then exclaimedNo! I haven't seen it since I put it there.

然后叫道:啊,标枪不见了!

Running to a little closet under the landing of the stairs, she glanced in, and returning, told me that Queequeg's harpoon was missing.

昨天我把它放在那儿以后就没再去看过!

He's killed himself, she cried.

他自杀了。

It's unfort'nate Stiggs done over again there goes another counterpane—God pity his poor mother!

噢,难道又是一个可怜的斯蒂格斯?又一条被单?上帝啊,可怜他的母亲吧!

it will be the ruin of my house.

我的房子也完了,

Has the poor lad a sister? Where's that girl?—there, Betty, go to Snarles the Painter, and tell him to paint me a sign, with.

倍蒂,你快去找漆匣,我要他漆一块牌子,上面写上:这里不准自杀,不准吸烟!

no suicides permitted here, and no smoking in the parlor;—might as well kill both birds at once. Kill?

愿上帝可怜可怜他飘荡的灵魂吧!

The Lord be merciful to his ghost! What's that noise there? You, young man, avast there!

啊?什么声音?等一等!小伙子,停下来!

And running up after me, she caught me as I was again trying to force open the door.

在我准备再一次向房门冲击时,她拦住了我。

I don't allow it; I won't have my premises spoiled.

不,不,我不能允许别人毁了我的房子!

分享到
重点单词
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • permittedadj. 被允许的 v. 允许(permit的过去分词)
  • pityn. 同情,怜悯,遗憾,可惜 v. 同情,怜悯
  • ruinv. 毁灭,毁坏,破产 n. 毁灭,崩溃,废墟