(单词翻译:单击)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
想拥有一个快乐童年永远都不晚 。
Some bumper-sticker author said.
有些人在汽车贴纸上这样写道 。
I think it is never too late to need Dad.
而我认为,对父亲的需要永远都不会晚 。
When we're little, Daddy is in charge of the world as we know it.
小时候,世界就如我们所想的那样由父亲掌控着 。
Yes. I know we have a President, some countries have kings or prime ministers,
的确,我知道我们国家有总统,别的国家有国王或首相,
but they are really not in charge of the world.
但他们并不是真正掌控这个世界的人 。
Dad knows everything, he can do anything, he is always right, he can always fix things.
父亲通晓一切,所向披靡,他永远是对的,且总能把一切都安排妥当 。
He's almost like God.
他无异于上帝 。
Hey, Daddy! Where is Helsinki? My father always replied,
嘿,爸爸!赫尔辛基在哪里?父亲总会答道:
if you put things away where they belong, you would know where they are.
如果你把东西归放原位,就会知道它在哪里了 。
Hey, Daddy! I really need to know about Helsinki.
嘿,爸爸!我确实需要知道赫尔辛基的位置 。
OK, let's get the encyclopedia.
好的,那我们去翻百科全书 。
Hey, Dad! Can I use the car for a date tonight?
嘿,爸爸!我今晚赴约会用一下车,可以吗?
Yeah. Be home before midnight.
当然可以,但你必须午夜前回来 。
Arriving home at 2:30 a.m., Dad was up waiting.
结果我凌晨两点半才到家,父亲一直没睡,在等着我 。
We don't understand about love and anger when we're kids.
小的时候,我们不懂什么是爱,什么是愤慨 。
Dads yell and shout, and we don't realize it is because they care; we think it is because they have to be tough.
父亲大喊大叫,我们不知道是因为他在意,还以为他是在耀武扬威 。
Not this time. He said, thank God you're safe. Go to bed, we'll talk about this in the morning.
但这次例外,他说:上帝保佑你平安回来 。去睡吧!我们有话明早再说 。
Hey, Dad! I got into trouble at school today.
嘿,爸爸!今天我在学校惹麻烦了,
I didn't really do anything wrong.
我真没做错事,
That stupid teacher won't listen to me.
可那个愚蠢的老师根本不听我解释 。
I'll listen. What happened? Is that really what happened?
说给我听听,发生了什么事?真是那样吗?
Next day, Dad is at my school, talking with my teacher, fixing the misunderstanding.
第二天,父亲去学校找老师谈话,将误会解除了 。
He has such power! I can always count on Dad.
父亲竟如此有能耐!我甚至可以永远依赖他 。
Regardless of what they know or don't know, they mostly care, and can be counted on to be on your side.
无论知道的多与少,父亲们大多是充满关爱的慈父,而且会站在我们的立场上 。
The small things Dad does for us make us feel valuable and important.
他为我们所做的,即使是很小的事,也会让我们觉得重要而且有意义 。
Hey, Dad! Do you have fifty bucks I could borrow? He does.
嘿,爸爸!能借给我50块钱吗?如果他有,就会借给我 。
Even if he doesn't, he will find it or go without something so he will have it.
即使他没有,也会想办法借给我 。
Then he feels embarrassed when we pay him back, and he says, now, you don't have to pay it.
我们还钱给他时,他会很不自在,并说:不必了,你不用还 。
But we do because it is imporatant to do the right thing. Dad taught us that.
但我们要还,因为正确地做事很重要——这也是父亲教育我们的 。
Dad presides over all festive events. How is today different from other days?
父亲操办着所有的庆祝活动 。今天与平日有何差异?
Of course he knows, and knows how to explain; it is he who takes charge and knows how to do everything;
他当然知道差异之所在,而且知道如何解释,因为他负责和通晓一切事务的筹办 。
he is the leader, and he is in charge of our world. The Captain of the ocean sea.
他是领导,掌控着我们的世界 。他是汪洋大海中的船长 。
It is also okay to become the Dad who knows everything, can do everything, and who is in charge of the world.
成为通晓一切、所向披靡、掌控世界的父亲是很不错的 。