UNIT 6 Get Ready for Jobs Lesson 45 Planet Danny
日期:2012-09-20 23:00

(单词翻译:单击)

UNIT 6 Get Ready for Jobs
第六单元 为就业做好准备
Lesson 45: Planet Danny
第45课: 丹尼行星
THINK ABOUT IT!
想一想!
Have you ever seen or used a telescope?
你曾见过或用过望远镜吗?
What would you like to use a telescope for? cope?
丹尼想用望远镜找什么?
Find A New Planet?
发现了一颗新行星?
On Saturday afternoon,Jenny and Brian visit Danny at his house.
周六下午,珍妮和布莱恩到丹尼家去看望他。
When they arrive,he is outside.
当他们到那时,丹尼在屋外。
"Hi,Danny," says Brian.
“嗨,丹尼,”布莱恩说,
"What do you have there?" "It's a telescope," says Danny.
“那有什么?”“是一架望远镜,”丹尼说,
"I told my father that we were studying the solar system at school.
“我告诉过我爸爸我们在学校学习太阳系。
He said that I could use his telescope."
他说我可以用他的望远镜。”
Danny looks through the telescope.
丹尼通过望远镜看了看。
"That's funny," he says."I can only see a tiny circle of light."
“很奇怪,”他说,“我只能看到一丁点光。”
Jenny laughs."You're looking through the wrong end,Danny!
珍妮笑了。“你看反了,丹尼!
Try looking through the other end."
试着从另一端看看。”
Danny turns the telescope around,and looks through it again.
丹尼把望远镜翻转过来,再次透过望远镜看了看。
"That's better," he says.
“好多了,”他说。
"But I still don't see any stars or planets," says Danny.
“但是我仍然看不到星星或行星,”丹尼说。
"Of course you don't,Danny!" Brian laughs.
“你当然看不到了,丹尼!”布莱恩笑着说,
"The sun is shining.
“太阳在发光呢。
The stars come out at night."
星星在晚上才出来呢。”
"Can Brian and I come back after supper?" asks Jenny.
“我和布莱恩在晚饭后能来吗?”珍妮问,
"I would love to look through your telescope.
“我想通过你的望远镜来观察。
The sun will go down at around 8:00.
太阳将在8点钟左右落山。
After that,we will be able to see the stars shine."
在那之后,我们就能看到星星闪烁了。”
"Sure," says Danny."You two can help me."
“当然可以,”丹尼说,“你们俩可以帮我。”
"Help you?" asks Brian."What are you trying to do?"
“帮你?”布莱恩问,“你要想做什么?”
"I want to discover a new planet.
“我想发现一颗新行星。
Then I can become an astronauts," says Danny.
然后我就能成为一名宇航员了,”丹尼说。
"I think you need a bigger telescope,Danny," says Brian.
“我想你需要一架大点的望远镜,丹尼,”布莱恩说。
"Scientists use huge telescopes when they look for planets."
“科学家们在寻找行星时使用的是巨型望远镜。”
"Bigger than mine?" asks Danny.
“比我的大吗?”丹尼问。
"Bigger than your whole house!" says Jenny.
“比你的整个房子还要大!”珍妮说。
"Well," says Danny,"it's worth a try,even if I don't find a planet."
“嗯,”丹尼说,“要是我没有发现一颗行星的话,试一试还是值得的。”
"We'll come back tonight," says Brian.
“今天晚上我们还会来的,”布莱恩说。
"See you then,Danny!" Get More Sleep!
“丹尼,到那时再见!”更多的睡眠!
"What's wrong,Danny?
“丹尼,怎么了?
You don't look very sunny today!" asks Jenny.
你今天看起来气色不好啊!”珍妮问。
"I looked for a new planet all night," says Danny.
“我整个晚上都在找新行星,”丹尼说。
"I'm going to try again tonight.
“我今天晚上还要再试一次。
If I could only find one,I'd be over the moon!"
哪怕我只能找到一颗,我也就欣喜若狂了!”
"I think that you should go to bed tonight," says Brian.
“我认为你今天晚上应该睡觉,”布莱恩说,
"You need more sleep.
“你需要更多的睡眠。
You look really spaced-out this morning."
你今天早晨的确看起来魂不守舍的。”
"But I don't want to be an ordinary dinosaur," says Danny.
“但是我不想成为一个普通的恐龙,”丹尼说,
"I want to be a star!
“我想成为一个明星!
If I discover a new planet,everyone will know my name."
如果我发现了一颗新行星,大家都会知道我的名字。”
"Brian's right," laughs Jenny.
“布莱恩说得对,”珍妮笑着说,
"You need more sleep,Danny!"
“丹尼,你需要更多的睡眠!”
LET'S DO IT!
做一做!
Interview five or ten of your classmates about these questions:
针对这些问题采访五个或十个你的同学:
What do you think is the most popular job?
你认为什么是最受欢迎的工作?
What other jobs do students want?
学生们想要其他什么工作?
Why do they want these jobs?
他们为什么想要这些工作?
Make a report of your interviews and present it to the class.
把你的采访向全班做一篇报道。

分享到
重点单词
  • circlen. 圈子,圆周,循环 v. 环绕,盘旋,包围
  • planetn. 行星
  • interviewn. 接见,会见,面试,面谈 vt. 接见,采访,对 .
  • popularadj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的