洪恩环境英语第五册 Lesson 4: There was a lot of traffic i hollywood.
日期:2012-04-16 16:42

(单词翻译:单击)

Lesson 4 There was a lot of traffic i hollywood.
第4课 好莱坞的交通太拥挤了
Sorry I'm late,Steven.There was a lot of traffic.
对不起,我迟到了,史蒂文。交通太拥挤了。
No problem.
没事儿。
When I was a kid here.there wasn't any traffic at all.
我小的时候,这儿根本就没有什么交通阻塞的问题 。
There are no traffic,and there was no pollution.
那时这儿没什么车,也没有什么污染。
There was no excitement either.That's why I left.
也没什么令人兴奋的事情。这就是我离开的原因。
Why? For the money,the excitement,the glamour of Hollywood...
为什么?为了钱,为了找令人兴奋的事情,为了好莱坞的魅力...
Why did you come back?
你为什么回来了?
There was a lot of traffic in Hollywood.
好莱坞的交通太拥挤了,
There was a lot of pollution and there wasn't any work.
污染太重了,而且也不有什么工作的机会。
There was no work in Hollywood?You're kidding.
好莱坞没有工作机会?你在开玩笑吧。
Well,I did all right there,but I didn't make it big.
呃,我在那儿干得还可以,但我没有成名。
So here you are back in Stamford.
所以你回到了斯坦福德。
Yes.And there isn't anyone more surprised than I am.
是的。而且没有人比我对此更感到惊讶了。
I get the feeling that there isn't anyone or anything special in Stamford either.
我觉得斯坦福德也没什么特别的人和事。
What do you mean?
什么意思?
I mean,you don't think the show is special.
我的意思是说,你认为这部戏不怎么特别。
What are you trying to say,Steven?
史蒂文,你想说什么?
We're behind schedule and I need your help.
我们的进度没跟上, 我需要你的帮助。
How can I help?
怎么帮?
Jeff,you are the most important person on the set right now.
杰夫,目前你是剧组里重要的人物。
If you try harder,we can go faster.
如果你努力把力,我们就能进行得快点儿了。
OK.But let me act.Don't tell me exactly how to say my lines.
行,但是得让我演,别只是告诉我该怎么说我的台词。
OK,that's fair.But I hope you can make this show special.
好的,就这么定但是我希望你能使这部戏不同凡响。
And I need to move faster.
我还想进度快点儿。
OK,Steven.I'll do the best I can.
好的,史蒂文。我会尽力的。
Thanks.Jeff.I appreciate it. Now,can you tell me more about Hollywood?
谢谢,杰夫,我很感谢。现在,你可以给我再讲讲好莱坞的事吗?
Hi. Oh,hi.What are you doing here?
嗨! 噢,嗨,你在这儿干什么?
What are you doing here?
你在这儿干什么?
I'm buying a flashlight.Last night there wasn't any electricity in my building.
我买个手电筒。昨晚我们楼里没电。
You're kidding.
开玩笑。
No,I'm not.There wasn't any water either.
不,我没开玩笑。还停水呢。
Why?What happened?
为什么?发生什么事了?
There's some construction next door.
旁边有人搞基建。
They cut our wires by mistake and then broke the water pipe.
他们不小心切断了我们的电缆,后来弄裂了水管。
Well,I knew you didn't have any telephone service.
嗯,我还知道你的电话也断了。
How did you know that?
你怎么知道的?
I tried to call you.
我给你打过电话。
Really?Are you telling the truth,Jeff Bennett?
真的吗?你说的是真的吗,杰夫班纳特?
It's true,it's true! Somehow I believe you.
真的,是真的!我有点儿相信你了。
Anyway,if there wasn't any electricity and there wasn't any water,
不管怎么说,如果你没电没水的话,
you need more than a flashlight. What do I need?
你需要的不仅仅是手电筒。我还需要什么?
You need a new apartment. That's true.But a flashlight is a lot cheaper.
我需要一个新公寓。 这可是真的。不过,还是手电筒要便宜得多。
I have a better idea. I'm listening.
我有个更好的主意。我在听着呢!
How about a great meal with an actor?
跟一个演员共进一顿美餐怎么样?
I don't know.I don't usually go out with actors.
不知道。我通常不跟演员一块出去的。
Well..I know a great restaurant right in town.
呃..我知道城里有家挺棒的餐馆。
What time's dinner? Pick you up at eight?
晚饭是什么时候?八点来接你怎么样?
Great.Bye,Jeff. Eight o'clock!
很好。再见,杰夫。 八点见。

分享到
重点单词
  • appreciatevt. 欣赏,感激,赏识 vt. 领会,充分意识 vi.
  • constructionn. 建设,建造,结构,构造,建筑物
  • pollutionn. 污染,污染物