每天三分钟学英语 第459期:House rules是“规则”,那golden rules 是什么?
日期:2019-05-11 10:24

(单词翻译:单击)

① Rule of thumb
经验之谈

As a rule of thumb around this office, don't talk to the boss until he's had his coffee.
办公室的经验之谈:老板喝咖啡之前别跟他说话。

② House rules
规则

We have a house rule where if you get fouled you have to shoot a free throw from the three-point line.
我们有个特定的规则:如果你被犯规了的话,你就可以得到一个从三分线罚球的机会。

They play with a house rule where if you roll two sixes you can roll the dice again.
这个游戏有一个特定的规则:如果你掷出两个6的话,你就可以再掷一次骰子。

③ Bend the rules
允许某人违反规则,破例

They like to bend the rules.
他们一向都是钻空子的一类人。

I guess I can bend the rules this time and let everyone go home early.
我觉得这次我可以破个例让大家早点回家。

④ Rule over
管控,有控制权

The CEO rules over this company ruthlessly. No one can question her.
这个CEO对公司实施无情冷酷的管控。没有人可以质疑她。

⑤ Ground rules
基本规则

We need to establish the ground rules before we proceed with this debate. There will be no name calling or whining if you lose.
咱们在辩论之前需要设立一些基本规则。如果输了不许骂人或抱怨。

There are no ground rules here. Everything is in total chaos. People do whatever they want.
这里毫无规则可言。所有的事情都混乱一片。大家都为所欲为。

House rules 是“规则”,那 golden rules 是什么?.png


⑥ As a rule
一般来说,通常

As a rule, men should always pay for dinner on the first date.
常来说,第一次约会一般由男人为晚餐买单。

As a rule, every Friday after work we all go out for a drink at Shelby's.
每周五下班我们通常会去Shelby’s喝一杯。

⑦ Golden rule
用你期待被对待的方式对待别人

Don't forget to follow the golden rule whenever you meet someone.
别忘了每次跟人打交道的时候都用你期待被对待的方式对待别人。

Always follow the golden rule no matter where you go.
不管你去哪里都要用你期待被对待的方式对待别人。
分享到