职场英文口语 第157期:健康安全(3)
日期:2017-06-08 10:13

(单词翻译:单击)

Yes… and then he tripped over something.
是的,他被绊倒了。
Was it your ego Tom?
是被你的自负绊倒了吗,汤姆?
Ouch! No, it was a sample box of Perfect Peaches.
哎呦!不,是“完美桃子”的样品箱。
So, the cause of the accident was a box of Perfect Peaches left on the floor.
所以造成意外的是地上的一箱“完美桃子”。
Who left them there anyway?
谁放在那里的?
That might have been me Denise.
可能是我,丹尼斯。
What do I always say about putting things away?
我在储存东西方面是怎么说的?
Now Anna, it says here 'Were there any injuries?'
安娜,接下来是“有没有伤员?”
So I'll write, 'Yes, a member of staff broke his arm.'
我会写,“是的,一名员工摔断了手臂。”
Sprained his arm.
扭伤他的手臂。
I think he'd be in a lot more pain if it was broken, hey Tom?
我想要是他骨折了会更痛的,是吧,汤姆?
What? Err, yeah. It still hurts though.
什么?是的,但还是很疼。
Now finally it says 'What can be done to avoid this accident again?'
最后是“怎么避免意外再次发生?”
Get rid of the mice… I mean rats?
除掉小耗子,我是说大老鼠?
No. Store things away properly and keep the office tidy, eh Tom?
不是,合理码放物品,保持办公室整洁,对吗,汤姆?

分享到
重点单词
  • tidyadj. 整齐的,整洁的,相当大的 vt. 使整洁,整理
  • errv. 犯错,做错 v. 偏离,入歧途
  • avoidvt. 避免,逃避
  • samplen. 样品,样本 vt. 采样,取样 adj. 样