职场英文口语 第102期:保持专业态度(1)
日期:2017-03-04 11:21

(单词翻译:单击)

Hello again.
再次见面了。
Tip Top Trading’s big boss, Mr Socrates has announced a new strategy to sell plastic fruit to Europe and hopefully keep the company afloat.
Tip Top Trading的大领导,苏格拉底先生,宣布了一项将塑料水果卖入欧洲的新策略,并希望以此使公司稳定发展。
But before the real work begins it’s time for him to enjoy some good English hospitality at the pub, courtesy of the team from the London office.
但在正式开始工作前,先让他在酒吧享受一下英式的热情款待,来自伦敦办公室团队的好意。
Let’s join them now...
让我们现在加入他们。
Well welcome to the Rose and Crown, it is small, not like one of those bars you get in your country.
欢迎来到Rose and Crown酒吧,这里很小,和你们国家的酒吧不同。
Can I get you a pint Mr Socrates? A what?
苏格拉底先生,给你来一杯啤酒吗? 一个什么?
A pint. A pint of beer, it’s really nice here if you like it...
一品脱的量,一杯啤酒,这里的酒很不错,如果你喜欢的话……
I don’t drink. Just an orange juice, freshly squeezed.
我不喝酒,只要一杯鲜榨橙汁。
Oh go on Mr Socrates, one pint won’t hurt.
喝吧,苏格拉底先生,一杯没关系的。
You’ve got to have a pint of beer when you come to a pub.
来酒吧的话就该喝一杯啤酒呀。
Oh very well. I’ll try one. It had better be good.
好吧,我来一杯尝尝,最好很好喝。
You’ll love it. I’ll get it.
你会喜欢的,我去拿。
Three pints of your best beer please Mr Landlord.
老板,这里要三杯啤酒。
Denise, are you OK getting your own? I’m a bit short of cash.
丹尼斯,你能自己买吗?我的钱有点紧张。
Oh...right. Mr Socrates, Anna said she would be along soon.
苏格拉底先生,安娜说她很快就到。
She had some work to finish.
她有工作要完成。
She’s such a hard worker.
她工作很努力。
Good to hear. She seems like a smart cookie.
听到这点很好,她像是一个聪明人。
Now let’s try this beer...mmm, not bad, a little warm but...tasty.
常常这儿的啤酒,不错,有点热,但很好喝。
Oh, you drank that quickly...would you like another one? Sure.
你喝的太快了,再来一杯吗? 当然。

分享到
重点单词
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • courtesyn. 礼貌,好意,恩惠
  • plasticadj. 塑料的,可塑的,造型的,整形的,易受影响的 n
  • strategyn. 战略,策略
  • tastyadj. 好吃的
  • announced宣布的
  • hospitalityn. 好客,殷勤,酒店管理