2分钟英语口语课堂(视频+中英文本) 第73期:讨论事业的选择 Talking About Career Choices
日期:2016-10-11 18:11

(单词翻译:单击)

Asking About Someone’s Career Choices
询问某人择业方向

June: Hey Steve. How are you?
朱恩:嗨,史蒂夫,最近怎么样啊?
Steve: Not so good, June. I’m really confused about what to do after college.
史蒂夫:不太好,朱恩。我对大学后做什么很困惑。
June: I guess it happens. I myself have always been interested in interior designing. So I signed up for a couple of diploma programs.
朱恩:我觉得也是。我一直对室内设计很感兴趣。所以我报名参加了几个文凭课程。
Steve: That’s great. Did you get selected anywhere?
史蒂夫:那真是太好了!你入选了吗?
June: I’ll get to know next week.
朱恩:我下周会知道。
Steve: Do you have a backup plan?
史蒂夫:你有后备计划吗?
June: Yeah! My friend’s in construction. I’ll work at his firm to get some practical training.
朱恩:有,我朋友在建做筑。我会在他的公司工作来增长实战经验。
Steve: It seems you have everything sorted out.
史蒂夫:你好像把所有的事情都计划好了。
Talking to Your Professor About Career Choices
和你的导师谈论你对工作的选择
Steve: Excuse me, Sir. May I talk to you for a moment?
史蒂夫:打扰了,先生。我可以占用你一些时间吗?
Ross : Sure Steve. What is it?
露丝:没问题,史蒂夫。怎么了?
Steve: Well, I’m really confused. I don’t know exactly what I’m going to do after college.
史蒂夫:是这样的,我很困惑。我不知道离开大学后我要做什么。
Ross: That can happen to anybody, Steve. Students usually get confused about it. What are your major interests?
露丝:每个人都会这样,史蒂夫。学生们都会为此感到困惑。你对哪个专业感兴趣呢?
Steve: Well, I’ve always wanted to be a police officer. That’s why I joined this course in criminal psychology.
史蒂夫:我一直想当警察,这就是我为什么学犯罪心理学。
Ross: Why don’t you apply to a Police Training Academy? You have all the credentials. Mr. Carson’s son is an NYPD officer. He’ll be able to guide you better.
露丝:你为什么不申请去警察培训学院呢?你有所有的证书。卡尔森先生的儿子是一名纽约警官,他可以给你一些指导。
Steve: Oh! Thank you, Sir. I’ll talk to him first thing tomorrow.
史蒂夫:噢!谢谢你。明天第一件事就是去找他谈一谈。
Telling Someone About Your Career Choice
告诉某人你对工作的选择

Steve: Hey Sammy. Where have you been? I haven’t seen you in days.
史蒂夫:嗨,莎米。你去哪儿了?我好几天没见过你了。
Sammy: Hey Steve. I’ve been busy. I was sending applications to join the Army. I had to go back home for some documents.
莎米:你好,史蒂夫。我一直很忙。我在投递去部队的申请。我回家拿一些文件了。
Steve: That sounds great but are you sure about it?
史蒂夫:听起来不错,但是你确定了吗?
Sammy: I have no doubts. This is what I want for my life.
莎米:我很确定。这就是我想要的生活。
Steve : That’s great, man. I’m planning to join the NYPD.
史蒂夫:那太好了。我正打算做纽约警察。
Sammy: Good news! Both of us would be protecting people and serving our country. I don’t think there’s anything better than that.
莎米:好消息!我们都会保卫人民和祖国。我想不到比这更好的了。
Steve: I couldn’t agree more, Sammy.
史蒂夫:我非常赞同。

分享到