2分钟英语口语课堂(视频+中英文本) 第2期:谈论濒危动物 Talking About Endangered Animals
日期:2016-05-17 10:29

(单词翻译:单击)

Endangered Siberian Tigers.
濒临的西伯利亚老虎

Jack: Amelie, is the tiger skin in your house real?
杰克:艾米,你们家的虎皮是真的吗?
Amelie: Yeah, that's real. My granny says it's the skin of a Siberian tiger.
艾米:恩,是的,我奶奶说这是西伯利亚虎的虎皮。
Jack: Oh! The Siberian tigers are the largest living felids! Unfortunately there are only a few hundred alive now.
杰里:哦,西伯利亚虎是最大的动物,很不幸,现在存活的只有几百头了。
Amelie: I know. My great-grandfather was a hunter and he hunted it. I really wish he hadn't.
艾米:我知道,我的曾祖父是个猎手,这是他猎得的。我真的希望他没有捕猎。
Jack: Well, it's not your fault. I'm sure you don't like to hurt animals.
杰克:好吧,这不是你的错。我相信你不喜欢捕猎动物。
Amelie: No Jack, I don't. I love animals. I'm an animal rights activist in fact.
艾米:不,我不会。我喜欢动物。实际上是动物保护活动分子。
Jack: Why do you still keep that skin in your house?
杰克:为什么你们家还有这张虎皮?
Amelie: I can't help it. My parents think it's a souvenir from their ancestor.
艾米:我无能为力。我的父母说这是祖先留下的纪念物。

Rhinos!
犀牛

Amelie: I've never seen a real rhino. They look like dinosaurs, right?
艾米:我从没见过一头真正的犀牛。它们是不是看起来像恐龙?
Jack: No Amelie! Rhinos are mammals, dinosaurs were reptiles. Rhinos look like Rhinos.
杰克:不是的,艾米。犀牛是哺乳动物,恐龙是两栖动物。犀牛就是犀牛。
Amelie: Oh, I am sorry. I haven't seen a dinosaur either.
艾米:抱歉。我也没见过恐龙。
Jack: That's because dinosaurs are extinct.
杰克:那是因为恐龙已经灭绝了。
Amelie: But we still have Rhinos around, don't we?
艾米:但是我们还有犀牛呢,不是吗?
Jack: Yes, but very few. If it continues like that, they will become extinct too.
杰克:是的,但是很少了。如果继续这样下去的的话,它们也会灭绝的。
Amelie: What's happening to them?
艾米:它们怎么了?
Jack: People are cutting down the jungles, and hunting them for their horns. It's a shame.
杰克:人们砍伐雨林,捕捉犀牛获得牛角,噢,真糟糕。
Amelie: (sigh) It's terrible. When will human beings learn to be human?
艾米:哎,糟糕。什么时候人类才能正常点呢?

The Largest Mammal.
最大的动物。

Nina: The blue whale is the largest creature on Earth.
妮娜:蓝鲸是世界上最大的哺乳动物。
Vincent: A blue whale is an incredibly large mammal! Its tongue is as heavy as an elephant!
文森特:一条蓝鲸大的不可思议。它的舌头和一头大象一样重!
Nina: Wow! My granny used to say that we could even live inside its stomach.
妮娜:哇,我的奶奶经常说我们可以在它的胃里生活。
Vincent: Not really, Nina. That happens only in tales.
文森特:不一定,妮娜。那只是发生在童话故事里。
Nina: Maybe. Well, I've heard that blue whales are dying.
妮娜:或许吧。我听说蓝鲸已经濒临灭绝了。
Vincent : Actually they are being murdered.
文森特:实际上它们一直被捕杀。
Nina: Murdered? By whom?
妮娜“捕杀?谁捕杀的?
Vincent: By greedy and cruel people who hunt them for their meat.
文森特:贪婪和残忍的人类为了吃它们的肉捕杀它们。
Nina: That's awful.
妮娜:太残忍了。

What Can I Do?
我能做点什么?

Nina: I've been thinking, Amelie.
妮娜:我一直在想,艾米。
Amelie: About what Nina?
艾米:想什么?
Nina: How can I help stop animal cruelty?
妮娜:我们应该如何停止对动物的暴行?
Amelie: Well, we are not the government, but there are some things we can do to make a difference.
艾米:恩,我们又不是政府,但是我们依旧可以做点什么。
Nina: Like?
妮娜:比如?
Amelie: I don't wear leather jackets or shoes. Nor do I wear fur. I use synthetic alternatives.
艾米:我从不穿皮夹克或皮革的鞋子。我也不穿皮草。用人工合成的皮草代替。
Nina: That's a great idea! I will do that too. Is there anything else?
妮娜:好主意,我也会那样做,还有别的吗?
Amelie: Well, I talk to my friends and the people I know about these issues. Just helping to spread the awareness.
艾米:恩,我和我的朋友和我认识的人都说这些问题。这样有助于扩大保护动物的意识。
Nina: I know. You made me aware of the way we treat animals.
妮娜:我知道。你也用这种办法让我理解了保护动物。
Amelie: If you can minimize your own impact on the lives of the animals, and also ask your friends to do it, you'll be making a great difference, Nina.
艾米:如果你可以减少我们的生活对动物的影响,同时要求你的朋友也这样做,那么你将会作出很大的改变,妮娜。
Nina: Thanks, Amelie. I will remember that.
妮娜:谢谢你,艾米,我会记住的。

分享到
重点单词
  • mammaln. 哺乳动物
  • syntheticadj. 综合的,合成的,人造的 n. 人工制品
  • impactn. 冲击(力), 冲突,影响(力) vt. 挤入,压紧
  • extinctadj. 灭绝的,熄灭的,耗尽的
  • leathern. 皮革,皮制品 adj. 皮革制的 vt. 用皮革覆
  • ancestorn. 祖宗,祖先,原种
  • spreadv. 伸展,展开,传播,散布,铺开,涂撒 n. 伸展,传
  • huntern. 猎人,猎犬,猎马,搜寻者 Hunter: 亨特(姓
  • furn. 毛皮,软毛,皮衣,毛皮制品 vt. 用毛皮制作,用
  • crueltyn. 残酷,残忍,残酷的行为,虐待