走遍加拿大 Lesson 25:TRAVEL BY TRAIN[2]
日期:2006-02-10 00:20

(单词翻译:单击)

Rumei: Bina, come and join us.
如梅:比娜,跟我们一起来吧。

Bina: Thanks. Hi, everyone.
比娜:谢谢,大家好。

Rumei: Bina, you haven't met our friend Dashan yet.
如梅:比娜,你还没有见到过我们的朋友大山呢。

Bina: Hi, Dashan. I'm Bina Kapoor.
比娜:大山,你好。 我是比娜·卡泊尔。

Dashan:Hi, Bina.
大山:比娜,你好。

Rumei: And do you remember my husband Yunbo?
如梅:你还记得我的丈夫云波吧?

Bina: Of course. Hi, Yunbo.
比娜:当然记得,云波,你好。

Dashan: Bina, please sit down.
大山:比娜,请坐。

Bina: Thanks.
比娜:谢谢。

Rumei: Bina's been to China, you know.
如梅:听我说,比娜去过中国呢。

Dashan: Really? What cities have you visited?
大山:是吗?都去过哪几个城市?

Bina: Let me see. I've been to a lot of places... Shanghai, Xi'an, and Beijing.
比娜:我想想。我去过好几个城市…… 上海、西安还有北京。

Yunbo: That's impressive. What did you think of Shanghai?
云波:太好了。你觉得上海怎么样?

Bina: I liked Shanghai, but it was too crowded for me.
比娜:我喜欢上海,可就是太拥挤了。

Dashan: Did you like Beijing?
大山:你喜欢北京吗?

Bina: Yes, I did. But I liked visiting Xi'an best. Those terra cotta figures were amazing.
比娜:喜欢。但是我最喜欢西安。那里的兵马俑真是令人惊奇。

Rumei: You know, I've never been to Xi'an. Yunbo, we should go there some day.
Everyone tells us to go and see the figures of the warriors and horses.
如梅:你知道,我从未去过西安。 云波,有朝一日,我们得到西安去看看。人人都说我们应该去参观那里的兵马俑。

Dashan: I've seen them and I agree. You really ought to go.
大山:我亲眼见到了,我同意他们的建议。你确实应该去看看。

Bina: So, tell me about your trip across Canada.
比娜:喂,给我讲讲你们的加拿大的旅行吧。

Yunbo: Well, we've had a wonderful time. We started out in Vancouver. We loved seeing British Columbia and meeting Dashan's sister Monica.
云波:哦,我们过得非常开心。我们是从温哥华出发的。 我们很高兴访问了不列颠哥伦比亚省,见到了大山的姐姐莫尼卡。

Bina: Did you visit the Prairie provinces?
比娜:你们到平原三省去了吗?

Dashan: Yes, we had a great time there.
大山:去了,我们在那里度过了愉快的时光。

Yunbo: But it was very cold. I'll never forget the snow.
云波:可是那里很冷。我永远也忘不了那里的大雪。

Rumei: In Ontario, Dashan's friend invited us on a tour of his company. It was our
first visit to a Canadian company.
如梅:在安大略省,大山的朋友邀请我们去参观了他的公司。我们是第一次走进
加拿大公司的大门。

Yunbo: I enjoyed learning about their new technology.
云波:了解公司的新技术我很高兴。

Rumei: And don't forget to tell Bina about our dinner.
如梅:别忘了跟比娜讲我们的那次家宴。

Yunbo: Oh, yes. Dashan's friends invited us to their home for dinner. It was great to see inside a Canadian home.
云波:对了,大山的朋友邀请我们到他家里去吃饭。 到加拿大人的家里去看看很有意义。

Bina: Did Dashan show you around Quebéc?
比娜:大山带你们去魁北克了吗?

Rumei: Yes, Dashan speaks French very well. He took us to Quebéc city and Montreal.
如梅:去了,大山法语讲得很好,他带我们去了魁北克市和蒙特利尔市。

Yunbo: We also went to Prince Edward Island. I liked spending time in the countryside.
云波:我们还去了爱德华王子岛。能在乡村度过一段时光我很高兴。

Bina: You've had quite a trip, haven't you?
比娜:你们可是游历了不少地方啊。

Rumei: Yes, we have. And we've spoken English all the time, haven't we?
如梅:是啊。而且,我们还一直讲英语,是吧?

Dashan: Yes, we have. Okay, we'd better decide on lunch.
大山:是的,好啦,我们最好决定吃什么饭吧。

Bina: Yes, I should look at the menu. Mmm... I'm going to have the vegetable soup.
比娜:我得看一看菜单。哦,我要蔬菜汤。

Yunbo: Oh, look outside. Look at that lake. It looks like an ocean.
云波:啊,往外看呐。 看那大湖。 看起来就像是海洋。

Bina: Oh, that's Lake Superior. It's the largest of the five Great Lakes.
比娜:哦,那是苏必利尔湖,五大湖中最大的一个。

Dashan: Travelling by train is great. You can see so much.
大山:乘火车旅行真好,能观赏到这么多风景。

Bina: I agree. And it always relaxes me.
比娜:我同意你的看法。而且我总是能得到身心的松弛。

Server: May I take your order?
服务员:要点菜吗?

Rumei: Bina, when are you going to take the ferry to Victoria?
如梅:比娜,你什么时候乘船到维多利亚?

Bina: I'm on the six o'clock sailing tonight. And you? When are you going to catch your flight for Beijing?
比娜:今天晚上6点的渡轮。你们呢?去北京的航班是什么时候?

Rumei: Tomorrow morning at seven o'clock. Well, it's been a wonderful trip. I've really enjoyed talking with you, Bina. Let's keep in touch.
如梅:明天早晨7点。这次旅行太愉快了。 比娜,很高兴与你交谈。让我们保持联系吧。

Bina: I hope you will. I'll write to you.
比娜:我希望你跟我联系。我会给你们写信的。

Rumei: I'd like that.
如梅:我希望这样。

Dashan: Well, it was nice to talk to you, Bina. Take care.
大山:比娜,跟你交谈我很高兴。多保重。

分享到
重点单词
  • flightn. 飞行,航班 n. 奇思妙想,一段楼梯 n.
  • superiorn. 上级,高手,上标 adj. 上层的,上好的,出众的
  • impressiveadj. 给人深刻印象的