走遍加拿大 Lesson 17:VISITING A CANADIAN FAMILY[2]
日期:2006-02-10 00:07

(单词翻译:单击)

LESSON 9 VISITING A CANADIAN FAMILY
Dashan: Kathy, let us clear the table for you.
大山:让我们来替你收拾桌子吧。

Kathy: Oh, thanks.
凯西:啊,谢谢你们。

Christopher: Mom, I'm going to watch TV in the family room, okay?
克里斯托弗:妈妈,我到客厅去看电视,行吗?

Kathy: Christopher, aren't you going to work on your project for school?
凯西:克里斯托弗,你不去完成你的学校项目吗?

Christopher: Do I have to? I'm going to finish it tomorrow night.
克里斯托弗:我必须去做吗? 我想明天晚上把它做完。

Kathy: You won't have time tomorrow night. You have a hockey practice. Remember?
凯西:明天晚上你就没空了,你们要练冰球,还记得吗?

Christopher: Yeah, you're right.
克里斯托弗:对,您说得对。

Rumei: Kathy, where do you want me to put these dishes?
如梅:凯西,你看我把盘子放在什么地方?

Kathy: Stack them on the counter, please.
凯西:堆在平台上就行。

Rumei: What a beautiful kitchen. It's so modern.
如梅:厨房真漂亮啊。真现代化啊。

Kathy: Oh, thanks. We remodelled it last year.
凯西:是吗?谢谢。我们去年改建的。

Rumei: Oh, really.
如梅:是嘛?

Kathy: Our old kitchen wasn't big enough for the three of us and two cats and two dogs.
So, we decided to add an eating area.
凯西:原来的厨房不够大,容不下我们三个人,两只猫还有两条狗。所以,我们就
决定扩建出了吃饭的地方。

Yunbo: Kathy, where do you want me to put the leftover lasagna?
云波:凯西,你看我把剩下的面条搁在什么地方好?

Kathy: You can put it in a plastic container. Then put it in the fridge, please. Glen, can
you get Yunbo a plastic container?
凯西:你可以把它放进一个塑料盒里,然后请把它放进冰箱。格伦,你给云波拿一
个塑料盒来,好吗?

Glen: No problem.
格伦:没问题。

Kathy: And the other waste food can go into the container for the composter. I use the
compost from the composter to fertilize the flowers in my garden.
凯西:其他吃剩的东西搁到一个袋子里准备放进堆肥器。我用堆肥器里堆出的肥料
给花园的花儿施肥。

Rumei: Here, let me wash the dishes.
如梅:来,让我来帮你洗盘子吧。

Kathy: Thanks, Rumei, but I'm going to wash them in the dishwasher. Here, let me do it for you.
凯西:谢谢你,如梅,不过我要把盘子放进洗碟机里。来,让我来帮你。

Rumei: Kathy, what do you use these boxes for?
如梅:凯西,这些盒子是做什么用的?

Kathy: Oh, these boxes are for recycling. Our family is trying to help the environment.
凯西:盒子是用来回收废物的。我们全家人都在为保护环境出力。

Rumei: What do you mean?
如梅:我没有听懂你的意思。

Kathy: Well, we want to save our natural resources for the next generation. You know...
Clean air, clean water and rich forest and wildlife.
凯西:是这样。我们希望为下一代保护自然资源。你知道,我指的是洁净的空气,
干净的水,丰富的森林资源以及野生动植物。

Dashan: Canadians are trying to use their natural resources carefully, so there will be
plenty left for the future generations.
大山:加拿大人现在对自然资源的开发和利用非常谨慎,这都是为了保证将来我们
的子孙后代也会有足够的资源。

Kathy: Dashan, please speak English. I can't understand you.
凯西:大山,请你讲英语,我听不懂你在说什么。

Dashan: Sorry, Kathy. I wanted to tell Rumei about your family's concern for the
environment. All Canadians want to have enough resources for the future.
大山:抱歉,凯西。我刚才是想跟如梅讲讲你们家人对保护环境的关注。所有
加拿大人都想为未来保留足够的自然资源。

Yunbo: What do Canadians do in their home to help the environment?
云波:在保护环境方面,加拿大人在自己家里都做了哪些事呢?

Kathy: Well, we reduce our garbage by recycling paper, glass and metal and by
composting our kitchen scraps.
凯西:这个,我们通过回收纸张、玻璃、金属以及将残羹剩饭堆成肥等措施来减少垃圾。

Glen: We also conserve energy by keeping our homes neither too hot in the winter nor
too cold in the summer.
格伦:冬天我们使室内温度保持不要过热,夏天我们使室内温度不要过凉,我们靠这种
办法节省能源。

Kathy: And, we're careful about our water. We try not to waste it.
凯西:还有,我们注意节约用水。尽量不浪费水。

Yunbo: Oh, I understand.
云波:哦,我明白了。

Rumei: Well, we learned a lot about Canadian life by spending time with you tonight. Thank
you again for inviting us.
如梅:今天晚上跟你们在一起,使我们了解了不少加拿大人的生活。再一次感谢你们的
盛情邀请。

分享到
重点单词
  • countern. 计算器,计算者,柜台 [计算机] 计数器 adj.
  • environmentn. 环境,外界
  • invitingadj. 吸引人的,诱人的 动词invite的现在分词
  • plasticadj. 塑料的,可塑的,造型的,整形的,易受影响的 n
  • fertilizev. 施肥,使丰饶
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • conserven. 蜜饯,果酱 vt. 保存,与糖放在一起,保持
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • containern. 容器,集装箱