文学作品翻译:舒婷-《啊,母亲》英译
日期:2017-03-28 09:01

(单词翻译:单击)

Mother
《啊,母亲》

When your pale fingers straightened the hair at my temples,
你苍白的指尖理着我的双鬓,
I couldn't help tugging at your collar
我禁不住象儿时一样
As I used to in childhood.
紧紧拉住你的衣襟。
O mother!
呵,母亲!
To retain your gradually fading image,
为了留住你渐渐隐去的身影,
Though dawn has already dissipated the dream,
虽然晨曦已把梦剪成烟缕,
I have not dared open my eyes for a long while.
我还是久久不敢睁开眼睛。
I still jealously guard that crimson scarf,
我依旧珍藏着那鲜红的围巾,
Lest washing rob it of
生怕浣洗会使它
That faint scent of yours.
失去你特有的温馨 。
O mother!
呵,母亲!
Is not time as heartless as a flowing stream?
岁月的流水不也同样无情?
Lest memories also fade
生怕记忆也一样退色呵,
I dare not open their scrolls.
我怎敢轻易打开它的画屏。
A tiny pin-prick once made me scream out for you.
为了一根刺我曾向你哭喊,
Today, though I wear a crown of thorns I dare not
如今带着荆冠,我不敢
Utter a single groan.
一声也不敢呻吟。
O mother!
呵,母亲!
In my grief I often gaze upon your portrait.
我常悲哀地仰望你的照片,
Even if cries could penetrate the yellow earth
纵然呼唤能够穿透黄土,
How could I dare disturb your peaceful sleep?
我怎敢惊动你的安眠。
I have never displayed my heart's gifts like this before,
我还不敢这样陈列爱的祭品,
Though I often dedicated songs
虽然我写了许多支颂歌
To flowers, sea and dawn.
给花、给海、给黎明 。
O mother!
呵,母亲!
The sweet, profound memory I cherish of you
我的甜柔深谧的怀念呵,
Is no cascade, no rapids,
不是瀑布,不是激流,
But an ancient, songless well, hidden among flowers and trees.
是花木掩映中唱不出歌声的枯井。

分享到