2012年高考(湖北卷)英语听力真题 长对话(4)
日期:2016-08-06 14:02

(单词翻译:单击)

Welcome to this edition of writers.
欢迎来到本期的《作家》节目。
Tonight we have Steven Darcy with us.
今晚史蒂文·达西与我们一起。
Congratulations on your book Life and Everything in Between, Steven.
祝贺你的新书《人生和一切》,史蒂文。
It's such a success. — Thank you.
它如此成功。 ——谢谢。
This is your first attempt at poetry?
这是你第一次尝试诗歌?
Did you ever try to before?
你以前尝试过吗?
Did you take any classes in poetry?
你是否上过诗歌培训班?
Well. My only real experience was writing business plans.
嗯,我唯一的经验是写商业计划。
Other than that, I have zero experience, where writing is concerned.
除了那个之外,我没有跟写作有关的经验。
I have always had a good grasp of the English language, thanks to my mom who started me reading when I was very little.
我一直对英语有很好的把握,感谢我的妈妈让我从小就开始读书。
What is the hardest thing about creating your work?
你进行创作时最难的是什么?
Definitely finding the perfect words to fit what I wanted to say.
一定要找到完美的语句符合我想说的话。
There's always a word or two that I might still rewrite if given the chance.
如果再给我一个机会,总有那么一两个词我或许依然会重新写。
Will there be more collections of poetry from Darcy?
达西还会有更多的诗集吗?
There will be more of something I suppose, but maybe not poetry.
我想会有更多的东西,但也许不是诗歌。
I really don't see myself as a poet.
我真的不认为自己是一个诗人。
Rather, I see what I wrote as a kind of writing that might inspire people in some way.
相反,我明白我写的是一类作品,可以用某种方式激励人们。

分享到