北师大版高中英语(必修5):Unit15 Lesson1 Life-long Learning(2)
日期:2016-07-31 11:40

(单词翻译:单击)

But soon I got bored and decided to do a business course.
但是很快我就厌烦了,于是决定去学习一个贸易课程。
I have always dreamed of starting my own company.
我一直梦想着能自己开公司。
I have nearly finished the course now and it has been very helpful.
现在我的课程差不多学完了,它对我非常有益。
I have learnt so many new skills
我学到了许多新的技能,
and have already prepared a business plan for setting up my own export company!
并且已经在准备一个商业计划来建立我自己的出口公司!
I think that getting laid off will prove to be the best thing that ever happened to me.
我觉得下岗将会证明是发生在我身上最好的事情。
Grandpa Chen - 75 years old
陈爷爷—75岁

I'm sure you all know the saying, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks."
我相信你们都知道这句俗语,“你无法改变老人的想法。”
Well, it's certainly not true!
嗯,它当然是不对的!
I'm an old dog, and I'm teaching myself new tricks every day!
我是一个老人,我每天都在教自己新的东西!
It all started a few months ago when postage went up.
这一切都起源于几个月前邮票的涨价。
I'd been sending letters by airmail to my daughter in the US once a week,
我一直在通过航空邮件给我在美国的女儿写信,每星期一封,
but, suddenly, it was too expensive.
可是航空邮件突然涨价了。
I decided that it was time I became an Internet user.
我决定,我是时候开始用因特网了。
I got my grandson to instruct me on how to email and use the Internet
我让我的孙子教我如何发电子邮件,如何使用因特网,
and I really enjoy the speed at which my messages get sent and answered.
我真的很喜欢我的信息发送出去及接到回复的速度。
And aside from emailing, it's fun to see and talk to my grandchildren in the US on the i-Cam.
除了发电子邮件,能在网络眼上看到我在美国的孙辈并与之交谈也很有意思。
In the past, if I'd wanted to see them, I would have had to visit them in person.
在过去,如果我想看他们,我就得亲自去拜访他们。
So many people think that after you retire,
很多人都觉得,退休以后,
all you can do is switch off your brain and bury everything you've ever learnt.
你能做的就只是关闭头脑,把所学的一切深深埋起来。
This is so wrong!
这是大错而特错!
Anyway, it's time for me to go now.
无论如何,我现在得走了。
I have to practise the alphabet!
我要去学习字母表了。
I'm doing an English course on the Internet.
我正在因特网上学习一个英语课程。

分享到