(单词翻译:单击)
The dating world is full of pitfalls, especially when it's done online.
约会是一件充满陷阱的事情,尤其是网络约会 。
There are many people out there all with different profiles promising different things.
网络上很多人贴出各种各样花哨的简历 。
The British journalist Natasha Devin was challenged by a friend to accept every date she was asked on over a two-month period.
英国记者娜塔莎·黛文接受了一个朋友的挑战,挑战任务是接受两个月内所有的约会邀请 。
She thought her favorite date was the one where they actually just went for coffee.
黛文认为最理想的约会是两个人简单地喝点咖啡 。
It was during his hour-long lunch break.
在一个小时的午休时间时 。
So there was a time limit on how much time they could spend together.
这样约会就可以有一个时限 。
"And we just had a very relaxed chat. And I felt like I could just be myself.
“我们只是放松地聊聊天 。这样我不会感觉不自在 。
The most uncomfortable date was a guy who insisted on analyzing the date as it happens.
最令人感觉不舒适的约会是约会期间男生坚持要分析约会进展 。
So about every ten minutes, he would ask me how I thought it was going.
大概每隔10分钟,他就会问一次我的感受 。
And I think it was just the mark of the fact that he was perhaps a little bit nervous.
我想这或许就是他有点儿紧张的表现吧 。
It's one of the things that you should not do on a date, to say 'How do you think it's going?'" she said.
约会时不应该问的事情就是‘你对约会感觉如何?’”她说 。
All the sixty days, Natasha believes that what the experiment taught her is that
娜塔莎认为这六十天的约会经验教给她的是:
the mark of a good date is how comfortable you feel simply to be yourself
一个好的约会应该让人感觉舒适、
and not have to put ona show or represent only the most perfect aspects of yourself.
不做作、不刻意展示自己完美的方面 。
Natasha also gives a couple of the other examples.
娜塔莎还举了几个其他的例子 。
A couple of the guys were very uninterested. They knew what the right questions to ask.
有几个男生漫不经心 。他们知道应该问什么问题 。
But then when she opened her mouth to respond,
但是一旦女生开始回答,
immediately they would start looking in a different direction
他们马上将目光移开,
or looking over her shoulder to see who was coming in the door.
或者去打量刚从门口进来的人 。
"And another one that was very common was not having any plan.
另外一种常见的类型就是不做计划 。
A surprising number of them I met ask me what I thought we should do.
我去见的很多人问我我们应该去做什么,这令我很吃惊 。
And so we spent the first fifteen minutes of the date kind of wandering around aimlessly.
因此约会的前15分钟我们就漫无目的地闲逛 。
And it gets off on a wrong foot, I think." Natasha said.
这从一开始就给人一种糟糕的感觉 。”
"It's surprising actually and I do think it's a generational thing
“我有一个吃惊的发现,我发现代沟真的是一个问题,
because some of the guys that asked me out were a little bit younger than me.
因为我见的男生中有一些比我年轻,
And I found that if they were younger, it was just routine."
我发现对于他们来说,约会就是例行公事 。”
Question 19. Why did Natasha Devin accept every date she was asked?
问题19 为什么娜塔莎·黛文接受了所有的约会邀请?
Question 20. According to Natasha Devin, what shouldn’t you do on a date?
问题20 娜塔莎·黛文认为约会时不应该做什么?
Question 21. What is a good date like according to Natasha Devin?
问题21 娜塔莎·黛文认为好的约会是什么样子的?
Question 22. What may cause a date uncomfortable according to Natasha Devin?
问题22 娜塔莎·黛文认为什么会导致在约会时感到不自在?
译文属可可原创,仅供学习和交流使用,未经允许不得转载