Manpower Inc., with 560,000 workers, is the world’s largest temporary employment agency. Every morning, its people （1） into the offices and factories of America, seeking a day’s work for a day’s pay. One day at a time. （2） industrial giants like General Motors and IBM struggle to survive （3） reducing the number of employees, Manpower, based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is booming.
（4） its economy continues to recover, the US is increasingly becoming a nation of part-timers and temporary workers. This " （5） " work force is the most important （6） in American business today, and it is （7） changing the relationship between people and their jobs. The phenomenon provides a way for companies to remain globally competitive （8） avoiding market cycles and the growing burdens （9） by employment rules, healthcare costs and pension plans. For workers it can mean an end to the security, benefits and sense of （10） that came from being a loyal employee.
1. [A] swarm [B] stride [C] separate [D] slip
2. [A] For [B] Because [C] As [D] Since
3. [A] from [B] in [C] on [D] by
4. [A] Even though [B] Now that [C] If only [D] Provided that
5. [A] durable [B] disposable [C] available [D] transferable
6. [A] approach [B] flow [C] fashion [D] trend
7. [A] instantly [B] reversely [C] fundamentally [D] sufficiently
8. [A] but [B] while [C] and [D] whereas
9. [A] imposed [B] restricted [C] illustrated [D] confined
10. [A] excitement [B] conviction [C] enthusiasm [D] importance
参考答案：1.A 2.C 3.D 4.A 5.B 6.D 7.C 8. B 9.A 10.D