1. D) Relieved
2. B) she could go as far as she wanted in life
3. B) The power of role models
4. D) Obama's success impacted blacks' performance in language tests
5. A) The change in bias against black is slow in coming
6. C) people are now less ready to support policies addressing racial inequality
7. C) racial inequality still persists in American society
8. our views of women
9. political sentiment
11. A) The man failed to keep his promise.
12. C) The woman should spend more time outdoors.
13. D) It is not a good idea to buy the T-shirt.
14. B) Most readers do not share his viewpoints.
15. A) Leave Daisy alone for the time being.
16. A) Batteries.
17. D) The man can get the ticket at its original price.
18. A) The speakers will dress formally for the concert.
19. D) He is undecided as to which job to go for.
20. C) They are all adults.
21. B) Varied and interesting.
22. C) Hosting a television show.
23. A) He lost his mother.
24. B) He got seriously into acting.
25. B) He has long been a legendary figure.
26 C) It crashed when it was circling to land.
27 A) He was kidnapped eight months ago.
28 A) The management and union representatives reached an agreement.
29 B) rainy
30 C) Very few of them knew much about geology.
31 B) By noting where the most severe earthquake in U.S. history occurred.
32 C) Stop him when he had difficulty understanding.
33 D) It is a tool of communication among speakers of different languages.
34 D) It has supporters from many countries in the world.
35 D) It has had greater impact than in any other country.
44. research shows that communicating with others promotes health, whereas social isolation is linked to stress, disease, and early death.
45. A group of researchers reveal scores of studies that trace the relationship between health and interaction with others.
46. loneliness harms the immune system, making us more vulnerable to a range of miner and major illnesses.
47 a grade above 94/ a higher grade
48 select the method of grading
50 effort and accomplishment
51 discuss his concern
52 A) America is now the only developed country without the policy.
53 D) The opposition from business circles.
54 D) Children need continuous care
55 B) They fail to provide enough support for parents.
56 D) It is basically a social undertaking.
57 A) More young voters are going to the polls than before.
58 C) Whether young people will continue to support Obama’s policy.
59 D) Their lives in relation to Obama’s presidency.
60 C) Their utilization of the Internet.
61 D) They are indifferent to politics.
82. Their only son has never thought
83. weigh your decision against its possible consequences.
84. would he break his commitment to pay back the money.
85. should not be addicted to computer games.
86. never considered working as a salesman.