(单词翻译:单击)
Mr. Brown’s lectures are so boring.
布朗先生的课太无聊了 。
Yes, he is not a very exciting speaker. But the subject is interesting.
是的,他不是一个很令人兴奋的演讲者 。但是这个主题很有趣 。
During every one of his lectures, I try to listen.
每次听他讲课,我都努力去听 。
I really ty, but after about ten minutes, my mind begins to wander and I lose concentration.
我真的很努力,但大约十分钟后,我的大脑开始走神,我失去了注意力 。
But I see that you seen to be OK.
但我看到你看起来还好 。
How do you stay focused through the entire hour?
你如何在整个小时内保持注意力集中?
Well, what I do is keep my pen moving.
我要做的就是让我的笔一直动 。
What do you mean?
你具体指什么?
It’s a method of active concentration I read about.
这是我读到过的一种积极专注的方法 。
One of the most effective ways to concentrate is to write things down.
集中注意力最有效的方法之一就是把事情写下来 。
But it has to be done by hand, not typing on a keyboard.
但这必须手工完成,而不是在键盘上打字 。
You see, writing by hand forces you to actually engage with what you are learning in a more physical way.
你看,手写迫使你以一种更实际的方式参与你正在学习的东西 。
Do you review your notes afterwards then?
之后你会复习笔记吗?
Sometimes, but that’s not important.
有时会,这并不重要 。
My notes may or may not be useful.
我的笔记可能有用,也可能没用 。
But the point is that by writing down what Mr. Brown says, I can follow his line of thinking more easily.
但重点是,把布朗先生说的话写下来,我就能更容易地跟上他的思路 。
In fact, sometimes I draw a little too.
事实上,有时候我也会画一点 。
You draw in class? And that helps you pay attention?
你在课堂上画画?这能帮助你集中注意力吗?
Yes, honesty, it works for me.
是的,坦白讲,对我有用 。
I just draw little lines and nonsense really.
我只是画了几条线,实际上没什么意义 。
It was also in that article I read.
我读的那篇文章里也有 。
It can keep the mind active, prevent getting bored and help to concentrate.
它可以保持思维活跃,防止无聊,帮助集中注意力 。
Again, the point is to listen hard while keeping the pen moving.
再次强调,重点是在保持笔移动的同时要认真听 。
If I’m at home and I need to study, what I do is read out loud. It has a similar effect to writing by hand. It helps memorize information in a physical way.
如果我在家,我需要学习,我所做的就是大声朗读 。这和手写有相似的效果 。它有助于以一种物理的方式记忆信息 。
Questiong 8 to 11 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
请根据你刚刚听到的对话回答问题8至问题11 。
8. What does the man think of Mr. Brown’s lectures?
问题8:男士怎样看待布朗先生的课?
9. What does the woman do during Mr. Brown’s lectures?
问题9:女士在布朗先生的课上做了些什么?
10.Why does the woman draw in class?
问题10:女士为什么在课上画画?
11. What does the woman say about reading out loud?
问题11:关于大声朗读女士说了什么?