VOA常速(翻译+字幕+讲解):刚果遭遇政治危机 总统为留任不择手段
日期:2018-02-07 15:49

(单词翻译:单击)

|(4U7U(-YxgGo~g[*dnp(v

听力文本

eYZ2UW@|ma%Qg+w)

President Joseph Kabila of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, or DRC, has served the two terms permitted under the country's Constitution. It is someone else's turn to seek office.
A crisis ensued when Kabila failed to organize timely elections and step down. Following negotiations, Kabila's ruling party and the opposition coalition signed the St. Sylvestre accord. President Kabila agreed not to seek a third term or change the constitution. He would remain in office until the installation of his successor following elections which would be held by the end of December 2017.But there were no elections in the DRC last year, nor will any be held until December 2018 at the earliest. And now, President Kabila's party is talking about changing the Constitution to allow him to run for another term.
The President's refusal to step down and the political machinations that have delayed elections over and over again, have caused a political crisis, heightened insecurity, and triggered a series of street protests in which scores of people have been killed.

]-H9Cb6fQYQ7Qcj@by_


On December 31, the Catholic Lay Coordinating Committee organized peaceful demonstrations where security forces used excessive force against unarmed participants. Another peaceful protest was scheduled for Sunday, January 21st. Authorities prepared for the demonstration by pre-emptively shutting down internet and SMS services and forbade gatherings of more than five people. When the peaceful protest nonetheless took place, they shot teargas and live ammunition into the crowd, killing at least 7 people, injuring nearly another hundred and arresting dozens.
We condemn in the strongest terms the violence perpetrated by DRC security forces on January 21 against church-led peaceful protests, said State Department Spokesperson Heather Nauret in a written statement.
We are appalled that the DRC government, including President Kabila, would employ repressive tactics and disproportionate use of lethal force against civilians -- including religious leaders and children -- exercising their democratic rights to call for credible and inclusive elections, she said.
The use of lethal force against Congolese citizens, and the cutting of internet and SMS service, undermine the democratic process, obstruct implementation of the St. Sylvestre Accord and contravene international human rights norms.
We call on President Kabila to hold accountable security force members who fired on civilians or ordered the use of lethal force and urge him and his government to ensure a peaceful and open electoral process so that credible elections are held as scheduled in December 2018.

Ib6u,*UY*q

VOA英文文本来自51VOA,译文由可可原创,未经许可请勿转载=ioyugm^)9w+V

UnzEDI5X+MCX

)31R#iJByeQ

重点解析

tK,Sh5!szi+A61)

1. Authorities prepared for the demonstration by pre-emptively shutting down internet and SMS services and forbade gatherings of more than five people.

o!G[5[Ib&8Jw=

HyaL_7._Xkg_k

shut down 关闭,使歇业

TABW_B%0QEZ%]oi8Y7^

Smaller contractors had been forced to shut down.
一些小的承包商已被迫歇业GhA4]GDxVE

U-PWhbS33FY


1VXS9~bBeK#q

2. When the peaceful protest nonetheless took place, they shot teargas and live ammunition into the crowd,

KWyAO]T149.


)vz*xw^V2h&8r)afSdI

live ammunition 实弹

.+_ZextH~5;7d

Mousavi had attempted to cancel the rally after receiving warnings that militias responsible for policing it would be equipped with live ammunition.
穆萨维收到警告说将有荷枪实弹的民兵负责集会治安,随后他曾试图取消集会=.-ML*n=TcWIIDmkc

xbA2AEIV7M

92nqNCTaIWv)

参考翻译
刚果民主共和国总统约瑟夫 卡比拉(Joseph Kabila)在符合宪法规定的情况下担任了两届总统,是时候换届选举了pqs7()Muc4zj#1_W|8
由于卡比拉没能及时组织选举并准备卸任工作,一场危机随之而来s4tbaa=E+Zlb~lQERpvi。在谈判过后,卡比拉的执政党和反对派联盟签署了《圣维斯特维尔协议》!#p_KfaYWu;3d*。卡比拉总统同意不再担任第三届总统,也不会修改宪法QP_oa,;9MKG6MZZ.5lx。只不过,在2017年12月底之前选举决出的下一任总统上任之前,卡比拉不会卸任eV+_AwdXWBj~I。但去年一整年,刚果都没有进行任何选举,2018年12月之后才有可能进行选举zkD,ON@#DXcO&B-lgXxq。而现在,卡比拉的执政党又说要修改宪法,允许其连任三届8K|#wb2E46
由于卡比拉拒绝卸任,政治阴谋一再使得选举推迟,刚果已经出现了政治危机、危险性升级,其导致的一系列街头抗议已经造成数十人死亡dQr3KZqpYdGRWY|fa
12月31日,天主教协调委员会组织了和平示威,但安全部队却对手无寸铁的示威者武力相向))x3ncpi_iXQ(4w^]Vw。1月21日的周日又发生了一次和平示威Jk90!(LzBk*。政府对此有所准备,先手关闭了互联网和短信服务,并禁止五人以上聚集在一起Z5lOeEtyKWk。和平示威最终还是打响了,政府对人群发射了催泪弹和实弹,导致至少7人死亡,另有近100人受伤,数十人被捕|h8ep&!|nG9q[J@ZgzO*
我们极尽犀利之词谴责1月21日刚果安全部队对由教堂领导的和平示威行动所采取的暴力,国务院发言人希瑟 诺尔特(Heather Nauret)在一份纸质声明中这样写道)^miomlIAC)
令我们震惊的是,包括卡比拉在内的刚果政府竟能对平民采用压制性的策略,并大量使用致命武力——这些平民中还有领袖和儿童——这些人只是在行使自己的民主权利,以呼吁进行可信包容的选举,诺尔特这样说道5)7NLK)T%)KZp)stGxD
对刚果人民使用致命武力以及切断互联网和短信服务的行为破坏了民主进行,阻碍了《圣维斯特维尔协议》的实施,违反了国际人权规范LH=%R35fO1
我们呼吁卡比拉总统将那些对平民开火或者下令使用致命武力的安全部队士兵绳之以法,我们敦促卡比拉及其政府确保和平公开的选举进程sg1.Xr!arPhTe;EDD4#。只有这样,可信的选举才能于2018年12月如期进行nZ;bWznbZYO2~0x

Mlr,s+||2+^fM

译文为可可英语翻译,未经授权请勿转载!

I#KAkiPF*UD_Irrmu)^ZT7+ba(FWfmBlsq[Y5Ep
分享到