早安英文(MP3+文本) 第875期:英文里的有趣习语
日期:2021-02-09 11:23

(单词翻译:单击)

Cut me some slack. 放我一马,饶过我吧
My boss said the next time I showed up 3 minutes late to work he would fire me. I wish he would cut me some slack.
我的老板说,下次上班我再迟到三分钟,他就要开除我。希望他能放我一马。
Oh, cut me some slack. It's not like you can't understand me. I was just typing too fast, you know.
啊呀,别老挑我刺。你又不是不懂我的意思。只不过打字打快了点嘛。

Don't be so mean. 别那么刻薄。
Don't be so mean to your little brother!
别对你弟弟那么刻薄!

Get me up to speed. 告知近况,汇报最新情况
Can you get me up to speed on the project?
你能报告一下这个项目的最新进展吗?
I should be involved in that, so get me up to speed.
我应该要参与,跟我说明吧。

英文里的有趣习语

fill somebody in 告诉某人最新情况
I can’t understand the new computer system. Can you fill me in on how it works?
我不懂这个新的电脑程序是怎样运作的,你能给我讲解一下吗?
Okay, is someone going to help fill me in?
好吧 有人能告诉我怎么回事吗?

Trash talking 放狠话,说坏话
You don't want to be known as someone who is two-faced or always talks trash.
你不想被当成这种两面派,还总是在背后说坏话的人。
This is trash talk, and trash talk is a traditional component in all sporting events.
这是上场前嘴上较劲,是所有竞技的传统部分。

Go cold turkey 突然戒掉(某种坏习惯)
I want to go cold turkey and stop smoking.
我想戒掉抽烟的坏习惯。
Everyone has their own way of kicking bad habits, and you can either choose to go cold turkey or ease off it slowly.
每个人都有戒掉坏习惯的方法,你可以痛定思痛下决心快速戒掉,也可以慢慢除去坏习惯。

分享到