冰与火之歌系列之《列王的纷争》第674期:凯特琳(10)
日期:2020-12-25 09:03

(单词翻译:单击)

"Tyrell swords will make me king.

“提利尔的宝剑能让我称王。

Rowan and Tarly and Caron will make me king, with axe and mace and warhammer.

罗宛,塔利和卡伦能让我称王,用的是他们的战斧、槌杖和战锤。

Tarth arrows and Penrose lances, Fossoway, Cuy, Mullendore, Estermont, Selmy, Hightower,

塔斯的弓箭和庞洛斯的长枪能让我称王。佛索威家族,库伊家族,穆伦道尔家族,伊斯蒙家族,塞尔弥家族,海塔尔家族,

Oakheart, Crane, Caswell, Blackbar, Morrigen, Beesbury, Shermer, Dunn, Footly...

奥克赫特家族,克连恩家族,卡斯威尔家族,布莱巴尔家族,梅里维勒家族,毕斯柏里家族,希梅家族,杜恩家族,傅德利家族……

even House Florent, your own wife's brothers and uncles, they will make me king.

甚至佛罗伦家族,你老婆的娘家,他们通通支持我称王。

OIP (3).jpg

All the chivalry of the south rides with me, and that is the least part of my power.

整个南方的骑士都随我而来,而这还只是我麾下大军中较少的一部分。

My foot is coming behind, a hundred thousand swords and spears and pikes.

我的步兵还在后面,整整十万拿剑提枪端矛的大兵。

And you will destroy me? With what, pray?

你说要对我不客气?凭什么,凭嘴巴祈祷?

That paltry rabble I see there huddled under the castle walls?

凭城墙下那群乱七八糟的乌合之众?

I'll call them five thousand and be generous, codfish lords and onion knights and sellswords.

给你点面子,我也顶多说那有五千人。什么鳕鱼大人、洋葱骑士和流浪佣兵凑在一块,

Half of them are like to come over to me before the battle starts.

至少有一半仗一开打就要往我这边跑。

You have fewer than four hundred horse, my scouts tell me— freeriders in boiled leather who will not stand an instant against armored lances.

我的斥候告诉我,你的骑兵还不满四百——何况你我都知道,穿皮甲的自由骑手在重甲长枪的冲击下根本不堪一击。

I do not care how seasoned a warrior you think you are, Stannis, that host of yours won't survive the first charge of my vanguard."

我不管你自以为多么身经百战、骁勇无敌,史坦尼斯,事实摆在眼前——只待我的前锋刚一冲击,你的部队就得全部完蛋。”

"We shall see, brother."

“我们走着瞧,弟弟。”

Some of the light seemed to go out of the world when Stannis slid his sword back into its scabbard.

当史坦尼斯收剑入鞘时,天地间似乎失去了几许光辉。

"Come the dawn, we shall see."

“天明之时,我们走着瞧。”

"I hope your new god's a merciful one, brother."

“我只希望你的新神慈悲为怀,老哥。”

Stannis snorted and galloped away, disdainful.

史坦尼斯鼻子一哼,绝尘而去,神色间充满了轻蔑。

The red priestess lingered a moment behind.

红袍女逗留了一会儿。

"Look to your own sins, Lord Renly," she said as she wheeled her horse around.

“记住你自己的罪孽,蓝礼大人,”她驱策坐骑,边绕圈子边说。

Catelyn and Lord Renly returned together to the camp where his thousands and her few waited their return.

之后,凯特琳随蓝礼回到营区,蓝礼的大军和凯特琳的小队伍正等着他们。

"That was amusing, if not terribly profitable," he commented.

“那玩意儿挺有趣,弄不好还真有些价值,”他评论,

"I wonder where I can get a sword like that?

“不知上哪儿弄得到那种剑来玩玩?

Well, doubtless Loras will make me a gift of it after the battle.

是了,等仗一打完,洛拉斯铁定会把它当礼物献给我。

It grieves me that it must come to this."

哎,宝物居然从此得来,我倒是有点悲哀啊。”

"You have a cheerful way of grieving," said Catelyn, whose distress was not feigned.

“你悲哀的方式倒也蛮开朗,”凯特琳说,她自己的苦恼已然无法隐藏。

分享到