经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第705期
日期:2020-12-03 08:40

(单词翻译:单击)

"I was in my own room, and sitting by the window, which was open: it soothed me to feel the balmy night-air;

“我在自己的房间,坐在敞开着的窗边,清香的夜风沁人心脾。

though I could see no stars and only by a vague, luminous haze, knew the presence of a moon.

尽管我看不见星星,只是凭着一团模糊发亮的雾气,才知道有月亮。

I longed for thee, Janet! Oh, I longed for thee both with soul and flesh!

我盼着你,珍妮特!呵,无论是肉体还是灵魂,我都盼着你。

jane-eyre-1400x788.jpg

I asked of God, at once in anguish and humility, if I had not been long enough desolate, afflicted, tormented;

我既痛苦而又谦卑地问上帝,我那么凄凉、痛苦、备受折磨,

and might not soon taste bliss and peace once more.

是不是已经够久了,会不会很快就再能尝到幸福与平静。

That I merited all I endured, I acknowledged -- that I could scarcely endure more, I pleaded;

我承认我所忍受的一切是应该的——我恳求,我实在不堪忍受了。

and the alpha and omega of my heart's wishes broke involuntarily from my lips in the words -- 'Jane! Jane! Jane!'"

我内心的全部愿望不由自主地崩出了我的嘴巴,化作这样几个字——“简!简!筒!”

"Did you speak these words aloud?"

“你大声说了这几个字吗?”

"I did, Jane. If any listener had heard me, he would have thought me mad: I pronounced them with such frantic energy."

“我说了,简。谁要是听见了,一定会以为我在发疯,我疯也似地使劲叫着那几个字。”

"And it was last Monday night, somewhere near midnight?"

“而那是星期一晚上,半夜时分!”

"Yes; but the time is of no consequence: what followed is the strange point.

“不错,时间倒并不重要,随后发生的事儿才怪呢。

You will think me superstitious, -- some superstition I have in my blood, and always had: nevertheless,

你会认为我相信迷信吧——从气质来看,我是有些迷信,而且一直如此。

this is true -- true at least it is that I heard what I now relate.

不过,这回倒是真的——我现在说的都是我听到的,至少这一点是真的。”

"As I exclaimed 'Jane! Jane! Jane!' a voice -- I cannot tell whence the voice came,

“我大叫着‘筒!简!简!’的时候,不知道哪儿传来了一个声音,

but I know whose voice it was -- replied, 'I am coming: wait for me;'

但听得出是谁的,这个声音回答道,‘我来了,请等一等我!’

and a moment after, went whispering on the wind the words -- 'Where are you?'

过了一会儿,清风送来了悄声细语——‘你在哪儿呀?”

分享到