经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第691期
日期:2020-11-11 08:39

(单词翻译:单击)

Yes: for her restoration I longed, far more than for that of my lost sight.

不错,我渴望再得到她,远胜过渴望恢复失去的视力。

How can it be that Jane is with me, and says she loves me?

简跟我呆着,还说爱我,这怎么可能呢?

Will she not depart as suddenly as she came?

她会不会突然地来,突然地走呢?

To-morrow, I fear I shall find her no more."

我担心明天我再也看不到她了。”

A commonplace, practical reply, out of the train of his own disturbed ideas,

在他这样的心境中,给他一个普普通通、实实在在的回答,

was, I was sure, the best and most reassuring for him in this frame of mind.

同他烦乱的思绪毫无联系,是再好不过了,也最能让他放下心来。

jane-eyre-1400x788.jpg

I passed my finger over his eyebrows, and remarked that they were scorched,

我用手指摸了摸他的眉毛,并说眉毛已被烧焦了,

and that I would apply something which would make them grow as broad and black as ever.

我可以敷上点什么,使它长得跟以往的一样粗、一样黑。

"What is the use of doing me good in any way, beneficent spirit,

“随你怎么做好事对我有什么用处呢,慈善的精灵?

when, at some fatal moment, you will again desert me --

反正在关键时刻,你又会抛弃我——

passing like a shadow, whither and how to me unknown,

像影子一般消失,上哪儿去而又怎么去,我一无所知,

and for me remaining afterwards undiscoverable?

而且从此之后,我就再也找不到你了。”

"Have you a pocket-comb about you, sir?"

“你身边有小梳子吗,先生?”

"What for, Jane?"

“干嘛,简?”

"Just to comb out this shaggy black mane.

“把乱蓬蓬的黑色鬃毛梳理一下。

I find you rather alarming, when I examine you close at hand:

我凑近你细细打量时,发现你有些可怕。

you talk of my being a fairy, but I am sure, you are more like a brownie."

你说我是个精灵,而我相信,你更像一个棕仙。”

"Am I hideous, Jane?"

“我可怕吗,简?”

"Very, sir: you always were, you know."

“很可怕,先生。你知道,你向来如此。”

"Humph! The wickedness has not been taken out of you, wherever you have sojourned."

“哼!不管你上哪儿呆过一阵子,你还是改不掉那淘气的样子。”

"Yet I have been with good people; far better than you: a hundred times better people;

“可是我同很好的人呆过,比你好得多,要好一百倍。

possessed of ideas and views you never entertained in your life:

这些人的想法和见解,你平生从来没有过。

quite more refined and exalted."

他们比你更文雅,更高尚。”

分享到