经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第684期
日期:2020-10-28 08:32

(单词翻译:单击)

"Down, Pilot!" I again said.

“躺下,派洛特!”我又说。

He checked the water on its way to his lips, and seemed to listen: he drank, and put the glass down.

他没有把水端到嘴边就停了下来,似乎在细听。他喝了水,放下杯子。

"This is you, Mary, is it not?"

“是你吗,玛丽?是不是?”

"Mary is in the kitchen," I answered.

“玛丽在厨房里,”我回答。

He put out his hand with a quick gesture, but not seeing where I stood, he did not touch me.

他伸出手,很快挥动了一下,可是看不见我站在那儿,没有碰到我。

jane-eyre-1400x788.jpg

"Who is this? Who is this?"

“谁呀?谁呀?”

he demanded,trying, as it seemed, to SEE with those sightless eyes -- unavailing and distressing attempt!

他问,似乎要用那双失明的眼睛来看——无效而痛苦的尝试!

"Answer me -- speak again!" he ordered, imperiously and aloud.

“回答我——再说一遍!”他命令,威严而大声。

"Will you have a little more water, sir?

“你再要喝一点吗,先生?

I spilt half of what was in the glass," I said.

杯子里的水让我泼掉了一半,”我说。

"Who is it? What is it? Who speaks?"

“谁?什么?谁在说话?”

"Pilot knows me, and John and Mary know I am here.

“派洛特认得我,约翰和玛丽知道我在这里,

I came only this evening," I answered.

我今天晚上才来,”我回答。

"Great God! -- what delusion has come over me?

“天哪!什么幻觉笼罩着我?

What sweet madness has seized me?"

是什么样的疯狂抓住了我?”

"No delusion -- no madness: your mind, sir, is too strong for delusion, your health too sound for frenzy."

“不是痴心梦想——不是疯狂。先生,你的头脑非常健康,不会陷入痴心梦想;你的身体十分强壮,不会发狂。”

"And where is the speaker? Is it only a voice?

“这位说话人在哪儿?难道只是个声音?

Oh! I cannot see, but I must feel, or my heart will stop and my brain burst.

呵!我看不见,不过我得摸一摸,不然我的心会停止跳动,我的脑袋要炸裂了。

Whatever -- whoever you are -- be perceptible to the touch or I cannot live!"

不管是什么——不管你是谁——要让我摸得着,不然我活不下去了!”

分享到