(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute from home.
欢迎来到居家版《一分钟英语》栏目。
Birds are lovely animals.
鸟是很可爱的动物。
So why would Anna and Jonathan want to kill two birds with one stone?
那么为什么安娜和乔纳森想要用一块石头打死两只鸟呢?
Anna, where did you get that red wagon?
安娜,你从哪儿弄来的红色手推车?
Jonathan, I needed exercise and fruit.
乔纳森,我需要做锻炼,还需要水果。
Ah! So, you killed two birds with one stone by pulling the wagon to the store.
啊!所以,你就把手推车拉到商店里,真是一举两得啊。
Yes! Maybe next time I can read a book, too.
是的!也许下次我还可以边看书边做。
Oh! Be careful.
哦!小心些。
If you "kill two birds with one stone," you solve two problems or finish two tasks with one action.
如果你“kill two birds with one stone”,意思就是说你通过一个行动,一下子解决了两个问题或完成了两个任务。
This saves time and energy.
这会节省时间和精力。
Just make sure the things you're doing at the same time are safe to do at the same time!
只是要确保你同时做的事情,在同时做的时候是安全的。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》!