经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第667期
日期:2020-09-24 10:03

(单词翻译:单击)

How fast I walked! How I ran sometimes!

我走得好快呀!有时候我那么奔跑着!

How I looked forward to catch the first view of the well-known woods!

我多么希望一眼就看到熟悉的林子呵,

With what feelings I welcomed single trees I knew, and familiar glimpses of meadow and hill between them!

我是带着怎样的感情来欢迎我所熟悉的一棵棵树木,以及树与树之间的草地和小山呵!

At last the woods rose; the rookery clustered dark; a loud cawing broke the morning stillness.

树林终于出现在眼前,白嘴鸦黑压压一片,呱呱的响亮叫声打破了清晨的寂静。

md_fedf7a01a12d-jane-2.jpg

Strange delight inspired me: on I hastened.

一种奇怪的喜悦激励着我,使我急煎煎往前赶路,

Another field crossed -- a lane threaded -- and there were the courtyard walls -- the back offices: the house itself, the rookery still hid.

穿过另一片田野——走过一条小径——看到了院墙——但后屋的下房、府搂本身、以及白嘴鸦的巢穴,依然隐而不见。

"My first view of it shall be in front," I determined,

“我第一眼看到的应是府第的正面,”我心里很有把握,

"where its bold battlements will strike the eye nobly at once, and where I can single out my master's very window:

“那里雄伟醒目的城垛会立刻扑入眼帘;那里我能认出我主人的那扇窗子,

perhaps he will be standing at it -- he rises early: perhaps he is now walking in the orchard, or on the pavement in front.

也许他会伫立窗前——他起得很早。也许他这会儿正漫步在果园里,或者前面铺筑过的路上。

Could I but see him!

要是我能见见他该多好!

Surely, in that case, I should not be so mad as to run to him?

当然,那样的话,我不该发疯跑到他跟前去吗?

I cannot tell -- I am not certain.

我说不清--我不确定。

And if I did -- what then? God bless him!

如果我做了——那又怎样?上帝保佑他!

What then? Who would be hurt by my once more tasting the life his glance can give me?

然后呢?谁会因为我再一次尝到他的目光能带给我的生活而受到伤害?

I rave: perhaps at this moment he is watching the sun rise over the Pyrenees, or on the tideless sea of the south."

我在呓语。也许此刻他在比利牛斯山或者南部风平浪的的海面上规赏着日出呢。”

I had coasted along the lower wall of the orchard -- turned its angle:

我信步朝果园的矮墙走去,在拐角处转了弯,

there was a gate just there, opening into the meadow, between two stone pillars crowned by stone balls.

这里有一扇门,开向草地,门两边有两根石柱,顶上有两个石球。

From behind one pillar I could peep round quietly at the full front of the mansion.

从一根石柱后面我可以悄然四顾,看到府宅的全部正面。

I advanced my head with precaution, desirous to ascertain if any bedroom window-blinds were yet drawn up:

我小心地探出头去,很希望看个明白,是不是有的窗帘已经卷起。

battlements, windows, long front -- all from this sheltered station were at my command.

从这个隐蔽的地方望去,城垛、窗子和府楼长长的正面,尽收眼底。

分享到