公众人物毕业演讲(MP3+字幕)第601期:乔恩·邦·乔维2015罗格斯大学卡姆登分校毕业演讲(2)
日期:2020-09-04 13:43

(单词翻译:单击)

14 years ago, I gave a commencement speech at another New Jersey school.
14年前,我在新泽西的另一所学校做了一场毕业演讲。
Through the magic of Google search, I was able to do a "back to the future moment,"
通过谷歌搜索的魔力,我得以“回到未来时刻”,
looking back on my words to see if any of what I had to say to the class of 2001 stood up today.
回顾我之前所说的话,看看我不得不对2001届学生说的那番话中,是否还有一些至今仍有道理。
Those words started out innocently enough, talking about new beginnings -- from kindergarten to high school to college.
那些话不知不觉就脱口而出了,谈论人生中各种新的开始--从幼儿园到高中再到大学。
You can't remember what you had for breakfast yesterday
你们不记得昨天早餐吃了什么,
but I'm sure that you could remember the multitude of emotions that were running through you during those formative years,
但我相信你们会记得成长岁月里切身体会过的那些千思万绪,
from sheer joy to anticipation to absolute fear.
从纯粹的快乐到有所期待再到十足的恐惧。

乔恩·邦·乔维2015罗格斯大学卡姆登分校毕业演讲

And then, in a snap of a finger, it's all just memories in a scrapbook.
然后,弹指一挥间,这一切都成了剪贴簿中的回忆。
Our future starts in our past -- but it doesn't end there.
我们的未来始于我们的过去,但并不止步于过去。
In that speech I said to treat the workplace like school and keep learning.
在那场演讲中,我说要把职场当成学校,要一直学习。
To be humble, and remain humble and remind yourself that no job is beneath you if you use it as a lesson.
为人要谦虚,并一直谦虚下去,还要提醒自己,只要把工作当成一堂课来对待,就不会有什么工作配不上你们。
Maybe you've mapped your life out:
也许你已经规划了自己的人生蓝图:
A corner office at a Fortune 500 company, or a life in philanthropy, politics or even entertainment.
在一家世界500强公司的角落拥有一间办公室,或者一生从事慈善事业、政治事业或娱乐事业。
Great! I say, "Go for it."
太棒了!我会说:“放手去做吧!”
But if you haven't -- that's OK too. Don't be embarrassed by indecision.
但如果你还没有人生蓝图,那也没关系。不要因为尚未决定而感到不好意思。

分享到