冰与火之歌系列之《列王的纷争》第633期:布兰(2)
日期:2020-09-04 09:50

(单词翻译:单击)

"Your blood, you mean. If he'd gotten past my net..."

“那是你的血。如果他刚才弄穿了网子……”

"He wouldn't hurt you.

“也不会伤害你。

He knows I like you."

他知道我喜欢你。”

All of the other lords and knights had departed within a day or two of the harvest feast, but the Reeds had stayed to become Bran's constant companions.

众位领主骑士在丰收宴会后的一两天便相继离开了临冬城,只有黎德家这两个少年留下来陪伴布兰。

Jojen was so solemn that Old Nan called him "little grandfather," but Meera reminded Bran of his sister Arya.

玖健总是很严肃,弄得老奶妈称他为“小个子祖父”,而梅拉却让他想起姐姐艾莉亚。

She wasn't scared to get dirty, and she could run and fight and throw as good as a boy.

和二姐一样,她也从不怕弄脏衣服,喜欢像个男孩子一样跑跳打闹、投掷东西。

6d81800a19d8bc3ef5ba5aa2828ba61ea8d34523.jpg

he was older than Arya, though; almost sixteen, a woman grown.

不过,她比艾莉亚大得多,都快十六岁,是成年女人了。

They were both older than Bran, even though his ninth name day had finally come and gone, but they never treated him like a child.

而自己呢,虽说好不容易盼到了第九个命名日,却仍比他们姐弟年纪都小,所幸他们从不把他当小孩子看待。

"I wish you were our wards instead of the Walders."

“我真希望我们家的养子是你们而不是瓦德兄弟,”

He began to struggle toward the nearest tree.

他挣扎着向最近的树木爬去。

His dragging and wriggling was unseemly to watch, but when Meera moved to lift him he said,

那种扭动拖曳的姿势一定很难看,但当梅拉伸出援手时,他却说,

"No, don't help me."

“别,我不要人帮忙。”

He rolled clumsily and pushed and squirmed backward, using the strength of his arms, until he was sitting with his back to the trunk of a tall ash.

他笨拙地翻身,蠕动着前进,用尽双手的力量,终于把背靠到大芩树的树干上。

"See, I told you."

“你看,我就说不用帮嘛,”

Summer lay down with his head in Bran's lap.

夏天把头放在布兰膝上。

"I never knew anyone who fought with a net before," he told Meera while he scratched the direwolf between the ears.

“我以前真没见过谁用网子打架的,”他边挠冰原狼耳背边对梅拉说。

"Did your master-at-arms teach you net-fighting?"

“这是你家教头教的吗?”

"My father taught me.

“我父亲教的。

We have no knights at Greywater.

灰水望没有骑士,

No master-at-arms, and no maester."

也没有教头和学士。”

"Who keeps your ravens?"

“那渡鸦怎么办,谁来照顾它们呢?”

She smiled.

她笑了。

"Ravens can't find Greywater Watch, no more than our enemies can."

“渡鸦是找不到灰水望的,正如敌人也找不到它。”

"Why not?"

“为什么?”

"Because it moves," she told him.

“因为它在动,”她告诉他。

Bran had never heard of a moving castle before.

布兰以前还没听说过会走路的城堡呢。

He looked at her uncertainly, but he couldn't tell whether she was teasing him or not.

他迟疑地看着她,不知是否受了她作弄。

"I wish I could see it.

“我真想去瞧瞧。

Do you think your lord father would let me come visit when the war is over?"

你觉得等仗打完了你父亲大人会准许我去参观吗?”

"You would be most welcome, my prince. Then or now."

“我们非常欢迎您,王子殿下。不论现在还是将来。”

"Now?" Bran had spent his whole life at Winterfell.

“现在也行?”布兰以前从未离开临冬城。

He yearned to see far places.

他好想见识远方的国度。

"I could ask Ser Rodrik when he returns."

“等罗德利克爵士回来我要问他同不同意。”

The old knight was off east, trying to set to rights the trouble there.

老骑士去了东边,代表临冬城处理一件棘手事务。

Roose Bolton's bastard had started it by seizing Lady Hornwood as she returned from the harvest feast,

事情的起因是卢斯·波顿的私生子把刚从丰收宴会中返回的霍伍德伯爵夫人抓了起来,

marrying her that very night even though he was young enough to be her son.

当晚便同她成了亲——听说他的年纪足以当她儿子呢。

Then Lord Manderly had taken her castle.

之后没几天,曼德勒大人便接管了她的城堡。

分享到