公众人物毕业演讲(MP3+字幕)第598期:拉加德2015伊利诺伊理工大学毕业演讲(11)
日期:2020-08-24 10:42

(单词翻译:单击)

My point is this: you can create a lasting legacy by encouraging transformational change in companies, communities and countries.
我的意思是:你可以通过鼓励企业、社区和国家的变革来创造一笔长久的遗产。
And you can do this in two dimensions -- to help resolve pressing problems, and to help others achieve their potential.
你可以在两个维度上做到这一点--帮助解决紧迫的问题,并帮助其他人发挥他们的潜能。
But there is a catch: you cannot really move others if you are standing still, if you are not taking risk.
但是有一个关键点:如果你站着不动,不承担风险,就无法真正推动其他人。
If you want to inspire others -- at work and in your private life -- you need to move out of your own comfort zone.
如果你想在工作和私人生活中激发他人的灵感,那你就需要离开自己的舒适区。
As the Roman philosopher Seneca, teacher as well, said:
正如罗马哲学家、教育家塞内卡曾经说过的那样:
"It is difficult to bring people to goodness with lessons, but it is easy to do so by example."
“很难使人们从教训中学到善良,但是以身作则很容易。”

拉加德2015伊利诺伊理工大学毕业演讲

And always remember that transformation is a laborious business.
永远记住,转型是一项艰巨的任务。
It requires guts, grit, generous amounts of time and energy.
它需要胆量、决心及大量的时间和精力。
And many of you know exactly what I am talking about.
你们中的许多人确切地知道我在说什么。
Many of you might want to, actually, take a break, get off the grid, spend meaningful time with others,
你们中的许多人觉得有必要,休息一下,摆脱困境,与他人一起度过有意义的时间,
as mentors, friends, professors, and engaged citizens.
作为一个导师、朋友、教授和敬业的公民。
Whether you are teaching a class, running a summer camp, or listening to a heart-broken friend late at night,
无论你是教授课程,组织一个夏令营,还是在深夜里倾听一个伤心欲绝的朋友哭诉,
you have the chance to learn together, to dream together.
你都有机会一起学习,一起梦想。

分享到