牧羊少年奇幻之旅(MP3+中英字幕) 第13期:什么是天命
日期:2020-07-17 16:34

(单词翻译:单击)

"I'm the king of Salem," the old man had said.
“我是撒冷之王。”老人说。
"Why would a king be talking with a shepherd?" the boy asked, awed and embarrassed.
“为什么一位王要和牧羊人交谈?”男孩极为钦敬而腼腆地问。
"For several reasons. But let's say that the most important is that you have succeeded in discovering your personal legend."
“原因有好几个。不过,咱们先说最主要的,那就是,你已经能够完成你的天命了。”
The boy didn't know what a person's "personal legend" was.
男孩不知道什么是天命。
"It's what you have always wanted to accomplish. Everyone, when they are young, knows what their personal legend is."
“天命就是你一直期望去做的事情。人一旦步入青年时期,就知道什么是自己的天命了。”
"At that point in their lives, everything is clear and everything is possible.
“在人生的这个阶段,一切都那么明朗,没有做不到的事情。
They are not afraid to dream, and to yearn for everything they would like to see happen to them in their lives.
人们敢于梦想,期待完成他们一生中喜欢做的一切事情。
But, as time passes, a mysterious force begins to convince them that it will be impossible for them to realize their personal legend."
但是,随着时光的流逝,一股神秘的力量开始企图证明,根本不可能实现天命。”
None of what the old man was saying made much sense to the boy.
老人所说的这番话,对男孩来说意义不大。
But he wanted to know what the "mysterious force" was; the merchant's daughter would be impressed when he told her about that!
但是他很想知道什么是“神秘的力量”,这要是讲给那个女孩听,她会惊讶得目瞪口呆。

牧羊少年奇幻之旅.jpg

"It's a force that appears to be negative, but actually shows you how to realize your personal legend.
“那是表面看来有害无益的力量,但实际上它却在教你如何完成自己的天命,
It prepares your spirit and your will, because there is one great truth on this planet:
培养你的精神和毅力。因为在这个星球上,存在一个伟大的真理:
whoever you are, or whatever it is that you do, when you really want something,
不论你是谁,不论你做什么,当你渴望得到某种东西时,最终一定能够得到,
it's because that desire originated in the soul of the universe. It's your mission on earth."
因为这愿望来自宇宙的灵魂。那就是你在世间的使命。”
"Even when all you want to do is travel? Or marry the daughter of a textile merchant?"
“就连云游四方也算吗?还有,跟纺织品商人的女儿结婚也算吗?”
"Yes, or even search for treasure. The Soul of the World is nourished by people's happiness.
“寻找宝藏也算。宇宙的灵魂是用人们的幸福来滋养的,
And also by unhappiness, envy, and jealousy. To realize one's personal legend is a person's only real obligation.
又或者是用人们的不幸、羡慕和忌妒来滋养。完成自己的天命是人类无可推辞的义务。
All things are one."
万物皆为一物。”
"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."
“当你想要某种东西时,整个宇宙会合力助你实现愿望。”
They were both silent for a time, observing the plaza and the townspeople. It was the old man who spoke first.
他们沉默地待了一会儿,望着广场和广场上的人们。还是老人首先打破了沉默。
"Why do you tend a flock of sheep?"
“你为什么要牧羊?”
"Because I like to travel."
“因为我喜欢四处游荡。”

分享到