经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第602期
日期:2020-06-23 09:57

(单词翻译:单击)

How I looked while these ideas were taking my spirit by storm, I cannot tell;

这些想法突然向我的灵魂袭来时,我的神态加何,我无从知道。

but I perceived soon that Mr. Rivers had placed a chair behind me, and was gently attempting to make me sit down on it.

但我很快觉察到里弗斯先生已在我背后放了一把椅子,和和气气地要我坐在上面。

He also advised me to be composed;

他还建议我要镇静。

I scorned the insinuation of helplessness and distraction, shook off his hand, and began to walk about again.

我对暗示我束手无策、神经错乱的做法嗤之以鼻,把他的手推开,又开始走动起来,

"Write to Diana and Mary to-morrow," I said, "and tell them to come home directly.

“明天就写信给黛安娜和玛丽,”我说,“叫她们马上回家来,

Diana said they would both consider themselves rich with a thousand pounds, so with five thousand they will do very well."

黛安娜说要是有一千英镑,她们俩就会认为自己有钱了,那么有了五千英镑,就很有钱了。”

无标题.jpg

"Tell me where I can get you a glass of water," said St. John;

“告诉我哪儿可以给你弄杯水来,”圣·约翰说,

"you must really make an effort to tranquillise your feelings."

“你真的得努力一下,使你的感情平静下来。”

"Nonsense! and what sort of an effect will the bequest have on you?

“胡说!这笔遗赠对你会有什么影响呢?

Will it keep you in England, induce you to marry Miss Oliver, and settle down like an ordinary mortal?"

会使你留在英国,诱使你娶奥利弗小姐,像一个普通人那样安顿下来吗?”

"You wander: your head becomes confused.

“你神经错乱,头脑胡涂了。

I have been too abrupt in communicating the news; it has excited you beyond your strength."

我把这个消息告诉得太突然,让你兴奋得失去了自制。”

"Mr. Rivers! you quite put me out of patience:

“里弗斯先生!你弄得我很有些不耐烦了。

I am rational enough; it is you who misunderstand, or rather who affect to misunderstand."

我十分清醒。而正是你误解了我的意思,或者不如说假装误解我的意思。”

"Perhaps, if you explained yourself a little more fully, I should comprehend better."

“也许要是你解释得再详细一点,我就更明白了。”

"Explain! What is there to explain?

“解释!有什么需要解释?

You cannot fail to see that twenty thousand pounds, the sum in question,

你不会不知道,二万英镑,也就是提到的这笔钱,

divided equally between the nephew and three nieces of our uncle, will give five thousand to each?

在一个外甥,三个外甥女和侄女之间平分,各得五千?

What I want is, that you should write to your sisters and tell them of the fortune that has accrued to them."

我所要求的是,你应当写信给你的妹妹们,告诉她们所得的财产。”

"To you, you mean."

“你的意思是你所得的财产。”

分享到