经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第526期
日期:2020-02-19 10:37

(单词翻译:单击)

She again regarded me with a surprised stare.
她再次诧异地打量着我。
"I believe," she said, "I was quite mista'en in my thoughts of you:
“我相信,”她说,“我完全把你看错了,
but there is so mony cheats goes about, you mun forgie me."
不过这里来往的骗子很多,你得原谅我。”
"And though," I continued, rather severely,
“而且,”我往下说,口气颇有些严厉,
"you wished to turn me from the door, on a night when you should not have shut out a dog."
“尽管你要在一个连条狗都不该撵走的夜晚,把我赶出门外。”
"Well, it was hard: but what can a body do?
“嗯,是有点狠心。可是叫人怎么办呢?
I thought more o' th' childer nor of mysel: poor things!
我想得更多的是孩子们而不是我自己,他们也怪可怜的。
They've like nobody to tak' care on 'em but me. I'm like to look sharpish."
除了我没有人照应。我总该当心些。”
I maintained a grave silence for some minutes.
我沉着脸几分钟没有吱声。
"You munnut think too hardly of me," she again remarked.
“你别把我想得太坏,”她又说。
"But I do think hardly of you," I said; "and I'll tell you why -- not so much because you refused to give me shelter
“不过我确实把你想得很坏”,我说,“而且我告诉你为什么--倒不是因为你不许我投宿,

经典文学《简·爱》

or regarded me as an impostor, as because you just now made it a species of reproach that I had no 'brass' and no house.
或者把我看成了骗子,而是因为你刚才把我没‘铜子儿’没房子当成了一种耻辱。
Some of the best people that ever lived have been as destitute as I am;
有些在世的好人像我一样穷得一个子儿也没有。
and if you are a Christian, you ought not to consider poverty a crime."
如果你是个基督徒,你就不该把贫困看作罪过。”
"No more I ought," said she: "Mr. St. John tells me so too;
“以后不该这样了,”她说,“圣·约翰先生也是这么同我说的。
and I see I wor wrang, but I've clear a different notion on you now to what I had.
我知道自己错了,但是,我现在对你的看法跟以前明显不同了。
You look a raight down dacent little crater."
你看来完全是个体面的小家伙。”
"That will do -- I forgive you now. Shake hands."
“那行了--我现在原谅你了,握握手吧。”
She put her floury and horny hand into mine;
她把沾了面粉布满老茧的手塞进我手里,
another and heartier smile illumined her rough face, and from that moment we were friends.
她粗糙的脸上闪起了一个更亲切的笑容,从那时起我们便成了朋友。

分享到