经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第524期
日期:2020-02-17 11:09

(单词翻译:单击)

She opened her eyes wide. "Whatever cannot ye keep yourself for, then?"
她眼睛睁得大大的。“那你为什么还养不活自己呢?”
"I have kept myself; and, I trust, shall keep myself again. What are you going to do with these gooseberries?"
“我养活了自己,而且我相信以后还能养活自己。拿这些鹅莓干什么呀?”
I inquired, as she brought out a basket of the fruit.
她拎出一篮子鹅莓时我问。
"Mak' 'em into pies."
“做饼。”
"Give them to me and I'll pick them."
“给我吧,我来拣。”
"Nay; I dunnut want ye to do nought."
“不,我什么也不要你干。”
"But I must do something. Let me have them."
“但我总得干点什么。还是让我来吧。”
She consented; and she even brought me a clean towel to spread over my dress, "lest," as she said, "I should mucky it."
她同意了,甚至还拿来一块干净的毛巾铺在我衣服上,一面还说:“怕你把衣服弄脏了。”

经典文学《简·爱》

"Ye've not been used to sarvant's wark, I see by your hands," she remarked. "Happen ye've been a dressmaker?"
“你不是干惯佣人活的,从你的手上看得出来,”她说,“也许是个裁缝吧?”
"No, you are wrong. And now, never mind what I have been:
“不是,你猜错啦,现在别管我以前是干什么的。
don't trouble your head further about me; but tell me the name of the house where we are."
不要为我再去伤你的脑筋,不过告诉我你们这所房子叫什么名字。”
"Some calls it Marsh End, and some calls it Moor House."
“有人叫它沼泽居,有人叫它沼泽宅。”

分享到