经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第521期
日期:2020-02-12 10:40

(单词翻译:单击)

"That is hardly likely," was the reply.
“这不大可能,”对方回答。
"You will find she is some young lady who has had a misunderstanding with her friends, and has probably injudiciously left them.
“你会发现她是某个年轻小姐,与自己朋友产生了误会,可能轻率地一走了之。
We may, perhaps, succeed in restoring her to them, if she is not obstinate:
要是她不固执,我们也许可以把她送回去,
but I trace lines of force in her face which make me sceptical of her tractability."
但是我注意到了她脸上很有力的线条,这使我怀疑她脾气很倔强。”
He stood considering me some minutes; then added, "She looks sensible, but not at all handsome."
他站着端详了我一会,随后补充说,”她看上去很聪明,但一点也不漂亮。”
"She is so ill, St. John."
“她病得那么重,圣·约翰。”
"Ill or well, she would always be plain. The grace and harmony of beauty are quite wanting in those features."
“不管身体好不好,反正长得很一般。那些五官缺少美的雅致与和谐。”

经典文学《简·爱》

On the third day I was better; on the fourth, I could speak, move, rise in bed, and turn.
到了第三天我好些了,第四天我已能说话,移动,从床上坐起来,转动身子。
Hannah had brought me some gruel and dry toast, about, as I supposed, the dinner-hour.
我想大约晚饭时间,汉娜端来一些粥和烤面包。
I had eaten with relish: the food was good -- void of the feverish flavour which had hitherto poisoned what I had swallowed.
我吃得津津有味,觉得这些东西很好吃--不像前几天发烧时,吃什么都没有味道。
When she left me, I felt comparatively strong and revived: ere long satiety of repose and desire for action stirred me.
她离开我时,我觉得已有些力气,恢复了元气。不久,我对休息感到厌腻,我很想起来动动。
I wished to rise; but what could I put on?
我想从床上爬起来。但是穿什么好呢?
Only my damp and bemired apparel; in which I had slept on the ground and fallen in the marsh.
只有溅了泥的湿衣服,我就是那么穿着睡在地上,倒在沼泽地里的。
I felt ashamed to appear before my benefactors so clad. I was spared the humiliation.
我羞于以这身打扮出现在我的恩人们面前。不过我免掉了这种羞辱。

分享到